New PB

ViperPowa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got only 3 runs in since they were having bracket races all day and I had to wait till they had time in between for time trails. First run I had the DR's set at 18psi cold, and launched easy (1100-1200 rpm's) just to get a feel for how the truck behaves with DR's. DA was 1451 feet, 3/4 tank gas.

60ft - 1.960
1/8th mile et - 8.393
1/8th mile trap - 83.97mph
1000ft - 10.917
1/4 mile et - 13.050
1/4 mile trap - 106.28mph

Second run I messed up on the launch and third run I spun hard to a 2.027 60ft. Went back and checked the DR's tire pressure and it was at 22 psi, which is probably why I spun so hard last pass. Not proud of the times but with the DA corrected my 13.050 time turns to a [email protected] so the mph is there, I just have to get my 60ft down. Next weekend I'll get another shot at it if the weather holds out.

Gotta play around with the tire psi and launch rpm and find that sweet spot. What are the QC's setting the m/h drag radials to for psi, and are you guys getting better 60ft's from launching low rpm and flashing the TC or just leaving at 1800-2000 rpm? IIRC the m/h's are suggested to run 17-22psi, but I'm wondering if I cold go down to 15 psi wthout spinning the tire off the rim.

Really good runs to be a NA quad cab! Keep iit up.... I ran 18-19 psi on my dr's.....I want to try lower but worried about the same thing..... I stalled mine up to 1200 (others recommendations) as well...but I havnt had much time to play around and see what's best

Nice time! Get one of Tony's TC's and ur deep in the 12's, easily. I run my DR's between 16-18 psi

Nice times and trap speed!! Great reppin QC.
Drop pressure a few pounds and remember pressure in tire goes up a lil after burnout!

Really good runs to be a NA quad cab! Keep iit up.... I ran 18-19 psi on my dr's.....I want to try lower but worried about the same thing..... I stalled mine up to 1200 (others recommendations) as well...but I havnt had much time to play around and see what's best

Thanks man, just gotta play around a little bit with the tire pressure and launch rpms and get that 60ft down. I'd like to run the tires at 17psi when they are heated up so I probably have to set them at 15 psi atleast cold. Think it should be alright.

Thanks man, those are nice stripes, and I like the stance on your truck is that a front and rear lower?

Nice time! Get one of Tony's TC's and ur deep in the 12's, easily. I run my DR's between 16-18 psi

I really think this will be one of my next mods, did you just go with the tc and sol. upgrade? What about bands and clutches?

damn, isnt that a really good run for just a full exhaust and tune??? nice run

it's a good time for my DA, but I'm hoping to get it down to atleast a 12.7

Nice times and trap speed!! Great reppin QC.
Drop pressure a few pounds and remember pressure in tire goes up a lil after burnout!

yeah that was my mistake, I forgot to let out some air after the 1st run and ended up getting traction problems.

Great run ViperPowa.....so close to the 12s. Running your DR psi too low might make the back end a little floaty at the end of the track. Not a good feeling. So your track is open every weekend over there? We only have had one TNT this year. They repaved our track, otherwise we race only once a month.
Good luck getting that slip.

Great run ViperPowa.....so close to the 12s. Running your DR psi too low might make the back end a little floaty at the end of the track. Not a good feeling. So your track is open every weekend over there? We only have had one TNT this year. They repaved our track, otherwise we race only once a month.
Good luck getting that slip.

Thanks bro, yeah I'll actually start at 17psi and work it down from there if I have to. I think that psi will be perfect.

Our track usually has the regular bracket racing once a month, which sucks to run time trails at cause they only care about the brackets. Then once a month we have outlaws at the dragstrip which goes all the way to midnight and you can run as much as you want. I thought, and I was told this one I went to was gonna be outlaws but it was brackets, I wouldn't have wasted my time going if I knew it was brackets cause I've been burned by them in the past.

This weekend (14th) is scheduled to have outlaws so me and my Jeep srt-8 bro is gonna hit up the track and try make some personal records. I'm gonna try for a 12.7 and he'll be most likely low 11's - high 10's.

Here's his Jeep
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAvQTOUD-WM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Hawaiian SRT Launch[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVO4Vj1vUHM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Hawaiian SRT Powa![/ame]

Took me for a ride on his new set up. This is without the ABS fuse pulled and with no boost launch.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6830vT7D7_o&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - SRT launch[/ame]

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back