New R/T tested... Cool SRT quote

JGUZMAN

Reaction score
"The pickup boom of the 1990s and early 2000s brought an explosion of model configurations and trims, as more and more people began using these once-workhorses as their everyday vehicles. Of course, the most dichotomous new species was the sport truck. Pickups focused on performance had existed before—see Express, Li’l Red—but such exercises in silliness peaked when Dodge stuffed the Viper’s 500-hp V-10 into the Ram’s engine bay and created the monstrous SRT10—with a manual transmission no less. It set the (still-standing) top-speed record for production trucks at nearly 155 mph."

Read the full test at this link:
2015 Ram 1500 R/T Hemi Test – Review – Car and Driver

I thought the opening paragraph was pretty cool! HAHA

Loved that they called our for a Hellcat powered Ram at the end of that article.

Has anyone seen any Tundras at the drags? Someone told me there was one back east running twin turbo, but didn't know what times they turned. Haven't see any here in Phoenix that want to play. Ford's little supercharged P/U's are here, but other than our 10's that's about it for P/U's.

Has anyone seen any Tundras at the drags? Someone told me there was one back east running twin turbo, but didn't know what times they turned. Haven't see any here in Phoenix that want to play. Ford's little supercharged P/U's are here, but other than our 10's that's about it for P/U's.

I unfortunately worked at a Toyota dealer for about a year. There isn't a single fast Tundra that came in or that we even heard about. I've heard rumors of a couple turbo ones but never saw pics, videos, dyno sheets or time slips.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back