New SRT?

Z28_SRT10

Reaction score
Ok I gotten approved for the loan, looked at the truck and immediately fell in love with it. It is a 06 QC SRT-10 with 83,000 miles. Right now my only car is a 98 Z28 so the 10 would be a part time DD. I am really not concerned with MPG's and am used to paying more for maintenance ect. I have been searching for quite a while and found very few downsides to the SRT I just wanted some input on how yall like your trucks. It's a private seller and he seems honest enough he even pointed out that the power steering line going to the reservoir is slightly loose, but apparently that's common I was planning on going with the braided steel lines anyway.

anyway the truck is $20,000 any comments on what to do before I dive right in would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 22510600858.303109154.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
    22510600858.303109154.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 117
The records check out until about a year ago when the latest owner (#3) purchased it. He's a mechanic and did it all himself but I just don't know about the reliability of these motors/transmissions

nice lookin:rock::rock:

nicely done dual duals:rock::rock:

wheels look great:rock::rock:

looks very clean:rock::rock:

what are your plans for her????

more & more joinin the 100K club & few probs outside of the common "bugs":rock::rock::rock:

i have over 100k on mine, but i've owned it for 90k of them, so i know how it was treated...

i'd be leary of the trans, mainly... other than that (at least mine) they've been solid as a rock...

I'd figure a new transmission soon with those miles. The autos need lots of attention if you have a heavy foot.

You know the SRT10's are unique trucks, looks like the miles are a little high for a 06....Its your cash man, you'll enjoy the feeling of driving it. You'll probably never get your 20k back out of it. Get it, drive it, enjoy it

I look at some of the corvettes I could have picked up, but wouldn't trade it for truck the ride sold me...

Looks like I might let this one go, just don't have a good feeling about it. I'll keep my eye out for another one, one day I'll have one of these trucks. Thanks for all the replies

Picture taken 10/2/11, odometer reading of 2659 in picture....I'm guessing that's just a TRIP odometer reading?? :dontknow:

Just a thought...

It's 82659 the 8 looks like a 0 in the pic. I wish it was 2,659 I would jump all over it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back