New tires...BFG G-Force?

SinorSwim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to order new tires for my 05 Rc with 35K. The Perrelli's are big money and I am not sure if they are the best tire for the truck.

I think I am going with BFG G-Force ($350.00 installed)-the guy said they are soft but good in the rain-are these any good? The cheap tire offered was a Lexion ($159.00 Installed) and I was not interested.

I do not drive it in the winter and it is my daily driver. Let me know what you think about the tires. I would like better handling in wet conditions.

Thanks in advance....

the conti's are about 160.00-175.00 installed... i would rec going with the continentals

The BFG G-Force is a great tire, but you can buy many very good tires at half the price.

I just paid $250 per tire installed. Shop for a better price!But they look awsome and handle well. As for rain hadn't had any yet to try.

Guys - Don't get his hopes up on cheaper tires. He lives in Canada and they are expensive there.

Sin - It might be worth a 'run for the border'! (Install the new tires in the US) I agree that the Conti's are a good tire. Pirellis are only good for burning them off! :burnout:

I have Conti's and they are great. They were also the lowest price tires I found at $150 each. Better than the Pirelli's in the rain but that isn't saying much. We don't get much rain here so I have not had the Conti's out in wet but once and they were fine.

I have BFGs, ordered them off the rack when they were on sale down to 240 / pc. They've been great the couple times I've needed to have the truck in the rain.

As others said, they're good tires, but they can be had for less, and there are other good tires that can be had for less.

I too have been shopping for tires. The cheapest I have found the BFG's were at onlinetires.com for $263.00 each.

However, I use my truck as a daily driver putting down 40K+ miles per year and just could not justify the price for the BFG's.

I will probably go with the Toyo Proxies S/T. I've had them before and been real happy with 'em. My tire supplier at work says he can get 'em for me for $157.00 each. I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks.

got about 4,000 miles on my General Grabbers. very happy with them. got them at online tire also. they were cheapest & had them in stock. they work well with the Caltracs. in the wet they are great.

Hey Man, another Canadian here who put on new rubber in November of last year. I basically drove over to the US and put on the BFG G-Force for $261 each, installed.

I love them, very sticky and hold the road well. The amount of "tracking" on grooved roads is now virtually non-existent. I haven't tried anything other than the stock pirelli's and now the BFG but I would give these two big thumbs up.

Keep your stick on the ice.

Brad

i worked at a car dealer as a driver, the gforce are the best ive driven....the tread werars a little on the low side, but excilet ride, the generals are a good high pref cheap tire....

now for another question...anyone ever try Hankook RH06? they have a agresive tread pattern and high treadwear

1010tire.com
tirerack.com

hey, im not very well off and have to look to get out of things as cheap as possible.....but one thing ive never understood...you buy a 40K truck or more, spend thousands on mods, but will not spend an extra 100 bucks a tire to get a high quality proven tire for your trucks?? I will not be going Continental or General due to their piss poor track record with passenger tires ( see consumer reports) and will spend the extra money to get something on my truck that i know will perform and i can trust!!!

Just my $.02

I run BFG KDW 2's year round. No problems, not even on ice.

I even put KDW 1's on a Cummins 1ton, made it corner like it was on rails

If you're looking to get a good mileage tire,I can vouch for the Nitto 420 S' !!!!:rock: :rock: :rock: Mounted and balanced out the door for about $825 !!!!

ghosritr said:
I too have been shopping for tires. The cheapest I have found the BFG's were at onlinetires.com for $263.00 each.

However, I use my truck as a daily driver putting down 40K+ miles per year and just could not justify the price for the BFG's.

I will probably go with the Toyo Proxies S/T. I've had them before and been real happy with 'em. My tire supplier at work says he can get 'em for me for $157.00 each. I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks.

157 each holy s#$t!!!! I had them on my hemi.22"and went for almost 300 bones each!!That is a great price.!! Anymore at that price for a viper brotha?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back