NEW TIRES???

stealth78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if these are new or not but I think these will be my next choice for all four corners (when I get a truck :D). They're definitely a bit pricey but with the 240AA A rating and almost 13 inches wide I'm going to assume they hook good.

Stock size of 305/40/22 equates to 31.61 X 12.01, these at 325/35/22 are 30.96 X 12.8. Speed rating is 186mph, and the load is at 2,337lbs (stock is 2,601).

Anyone try these yet??? Hopefully this link works http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...5YR2SPC5&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Oh, and they are 40lbs each, stock Pirelli's are 41lbs.

Why are you looking at truck tires????

Seems like a mixed bag of reviews. Maybe if you live in a warm climate year round.

I don't drive my occasional drivers in the winter so that wouldn't be an issue. I wish someone on the forum had a personal experience with them.

i would order a set of tires from germany and ship them over before i tried those.
i also think they will be too small and look funny..

continental cross contact UHP - i know you can still get them in germany

my head is spinning from looking and comparing measurements for width, sidewall, overall diameter and individual weights for the last month.

saw one tire that was 50+lbs, its amazing the large differences

i was hoping you guys had this all scienced out by now like you have for the DRs those are still 390/40/17 right??

my head is spinning from looking and comparing measurements for width, sidewall, overall diameter and individual weights for the last month.

saw one tire that was 50+lbs, its amazing the large differences

i was hoping you guys had this all scienced out by now like you have for the DRs those are still 390/40/17 right??

Yes if you have 4:56's, no if you have 4:10's

The tires I was speaking in regards to are less than 1" shorter than the factory Pirellis.

i know. i still think it will be noticeable smaller and not look good unless you're doing a 3/4 drop on an RC - but that's just my opinion.

i can also tell you from experience, the 305's will rub the inner fenders of the beds under hard driving so i'd be a little concerned about that.

if your argument is i'm buying these super high performance tires to go racing, then i would be cautious.

if it's strictly for looks, then i'd think you'd be fine...

on the road course, with a 1/2 drop, i rubbed the tops of the front inner fenders under full braking and both bedside inner fenders in the tight corners

Yea I would stick with the stock tire size, you will notice a 1" difference, then your going to have to lower it even more. Viper hauler, a little off topic but when I research the forums you seem to have some good input, my question to you is what are your thoughts on lowering? I have a 1-3/4 block in the rear and everything else is stock. I thought about going lower but there seems to be issues even with a 1-2 drop and I really don't want to turn the truck into a s10 low rider banging wheel wells. After searching these forums for months I keep coming back to the same solution just leave it the way it is stock shocks, stock traction bars and stock springs. Sorry to hijack the post but it seemed like appropriate timing.

Yea I would stick with the stock tire size, you will notice a 1" difference, then your going to have to lower it even more. Viper hauler, a little off topic but when I research the forums you seem to have some good input, my question to you is what are your thoughts on lowering? I have a 1-3/4 block in the rear and everything else is stock. I thought about going lower but there seems to be issues even with a 1-2 drop and I really don't want to turn the truck into a s10 low rider banging wheel wells. After searching these forums for months I keep coming back to the same solution just leave it the way it is stock shocks, stock traction bars and stock springs. Sorry to hijack the post but it seemed like appropriate timing.

Well I know you directed your post more towards Dan but here's my take. On my last truck I wanted the ultimate performance machine. It used to aggravate me when my buddies who do autocross and road course racing would tell me I'm wasting my time trying to make my SRT Ram into a road course performing Viper. Then I got my Viper and realized how right they were! These trucks are awesome... don't get me wrong. But when you are trying to build a vehicle that goes fast in a straight line AND corners... well it is a waste of time when in comparison to a Viper that is almost a ton lighter. This time I'm going into it with the right mind set, I know this truck will never corner like a Viper so I'm going to utilize it for what it is, a bad ass street machine and a beast for the 1/4 mile. It's still going to handle 10 times better than most trucks but I'm truly more concerned about it moving in a straight line and looking nice while driving down the road. In regards to that, I will be doing a 2/3 drop this time around.

Not sure if these are new or not but I think these will be my next choice for all four corners (when I get a truck :D). They're definitely a bit pricey but with the 240AA A rating and almost 13 inches wide I'm going to assume they hook good.

Stock size of 305/40/22 equates to 31.61 X 12.01, these at 325/35/22 are 30.96 X 12.8. Speed rating is 186mph, and the load is at 2,337lbs (stock is 2,601).

Anyone try these yet??? Hopefully this link works Continental ContiSportContact 5P

i had been looking at these on tire rack ebay listing they have and your add is definitely cheaper by 33 bucks each

i was reading in the specs that the section width was 13 inches but the tread width was only 12 inches compared to stock section width of 12.8 inches and tread width of 10.8 inches - whats the diff between section width and tread width?? sidewall bulge??

on a side note tire rack is showing stock pirellis 32 bucks cheaper than discount tire which had been the cheapest i had found, of course they would still need to be installed and balanced

As far as I know section width is the overall width of the tire and tread width is just that. I don't remember the specs for our factory tires but a 305 only converts to a hair over 12 inches, so I'm not sure where the 12.8 is coming from.

As far as I know section width is the overall width of the tire and tread width is just that. I don't remember the specs for our factory tires but a 305 only converts to a hair over 12 inches, so I'm not sure where the 12.8 is coming from.

quoted from tire rack so i'm only assuming its correct

what are you planning on running on the fronts?? same brand??

quoted from tire rack so i'm only assuming its correct

what are you planning on running on the fronts?? same brand??

That's where I'm running into a problem. The more I think about it these are going to be wider than what I want on the front and unfortunately it looks like the next size down is going to be to small.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back