Newbie around here

DEMON

Reaction score
Hey guys new around these parts...wondering if any of you have had problems w/ the battery discharging....mine seems to drop to 11.5-12, when i'm idling....i recently had a system in it and i took it out b/c i thought that was causing the problem....but still drops...took it to the dealer and they said everything checked out ok, it was running fine and then a day later starting dropping again so i took it back and said everything was still fine.:confused: ...i was almost hitting the 36000 mark so i'm not sure if they were waiting for it to go over then say something is wrong:dontknow: i would appreciate any info on this matter:D

Welcome to the forum:rock: I have never had any problems like that but if somebody on here has they will chime in:D

I can/'t help ya out with the problem, but Welcome.:)

Welcome to the family...and I also have not had any electrical problems...still on orig. battery...you might want to pm Stingray, he is a wizzard with electrical issues.

you need to load test the system. go to advanced they will check your charging system for free if you dont have the machine

Is your truck an 04? Not sure where you live but here in the islands you can really only expect 3 to 4 years in battery life. I expect mine to go out sometime this year. The salt air, humidity etc.... just kill em here.

Welcome to the forum.

patrick

Here is AZ I just expect to replace my battery every 2 years regardless... the heat here kills them... I'm still on my first with my 10, but I expect it anytime now in the very near future. Here a battery will be just fine in the morning, and when you goto leave a few hours later.. dead.. there is no in-between.

Mine normally stays around 14 volts on the guage... (actually most alternators will provide 14.5 volts while running)

It could be your alternator or battery... since your only getting 11-12.5 while running somethine more sounds like your alternator.

I would make sure that they document it at the dealer, so that if/when it does go out you have documentation that you were in to have them look at it....

But also check the voltage at your battery with a digital volt meter while running and while off.. post those results up here...

Welcome to the Family

Welcome to the asylum.............

Sounds like a charging issue.. Alternator probably......

Good luck with it......

A lotta dealers don't know shit.... (sorry:eek: ;) )

D

Welcome Demon, mine has never ran at 14 volts, always a tad below, but they are right, most of the oem batteries are not the best.
Have someone do a load test, then run by autocrap or zone :D and have them do a quiky on the alternator.

Wlecome to the club!!

No proplems here, and I have an aftermarket AMP for the stereo.:dontknow:

If you have a multi/voltmeter, I would do as Borden described above...

Back