Next Mods

oldguysrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfomance stuff on my truck to date is per my signature. I only go to the track when the air is good since my interest is bettering previous runs, so next trip to HRP will probably be in October.

The plan before now and then is:
-index my plugs Easter weekend (ordered 20 new today)....may do nothing but it's a cheap way to pursue 9 horsepower, and I have to pull my wheels and fender inserts that weekend to re-torque header bolts anyway,
-get my transmission bands adjusted in May and have a Transgo shift kit installed when they have the pan off,
-add a JMB CAI in September (yeah I know the discussions),
-and have M&H 390/40-17 drag radials when I go to the track next trip plus some skinnier lighter front tires/17s to reduce rolling resistance and weight also. The 29.5" o.d. of the drag radial versus o.d. of our stock tires changes the effective rear gear ratio from .456 to .488.

My previous best is a 12.8201 with a 12.830 backup, and a handfull of 12.85s. I'm hopeful that on a good air night I'll get my normally aspirated QC, with weight reductions, down to a 12.5x.

Will keep you posted.

8.3L as a starter motor sure makes it fun.

oldguy

OLDGUYSRT10

What kinda wheels ya runnin ya m&h's on, I need some also. Oh yea where did ya gettum from also. Sammy in S.C.

oldguysrt10 said:
Perfomance stuff on my truck to date is per my signature. I only go to the track when the air is good since my interest is bettering previous runs, so next trip to HRP will probably be in October.

-index my plugs Easter weekend (ordered 20 new today)....may do nothing but it's a cheap way to pursue 9 horsepower, and I have to pull my wheels and fender inserts that weekend to re-torque header bolts anyway,
-get my transmission bands adjusted in May and have a Transgo shift kit installed when they have the pan off,
-and have M&H 390/40-17 drag radials when I go to the track next trip plus some skinnier lighter front tires/17s to reduce rolling resistance and weight also. The 29.5" o.d. of the drag radial versus o.d. of our stock tires changes the effective rear gear ratio from .456 to .488.

My previous best is a 12.8201 with a 12.830 backup, and a handfull of 12.85s. I'm hopeful that on a good air night I'll get my normally aspirated QC, with weight reductions, down to a 12.5x.

Will keep you posted.

oldguy

Really like that you have a plan. It is the only way to go...

I do have something for you to consider...think seriously about getting the Stinker rear end when he puts the next buy together...

I see the advantages for you as huge...adding a Detroit Locker and you will eliminate the next most vulnerable problem (spider gears), pump up the size of the axle and carrier and permit the use of 15" wheels and slicks that will give you a great advantage over the 17" ones. The rear end is coming with Wilwood brakes.

Just a suggestion...

I wish more would consider long range planning...and if hot weather is a problem come visit for a week or two our track just opened last week and temps will not get into the 70's for some time, my house is 30 minutes from the strip and you are welcome anytime!

OK, git anxious and did some things out of sequence versus initial thread post. Plugs are replaced and indexed. JMB CAI and catch can installed yesterday. Still on for bands and Transgo in May.

Sure appreciate the good forum info. to help with selections.

oldguy

oldguysrt10 said:

Will keep you posted.

oldguy

Just got my Belangers and mids. Haven't been to the track with them yet, and like you, will wait till fall to try and improve...I'm coming for ya!:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back