Nitrous guys chime in

HISS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a little match race coming up in Edinburg, and there is a 02 Silverado with a LS based stroker procharged etc. that I would love to put a spanking on. My question is how many of Y'all are running a 200 shot or bigger with the stock internals and fuel system? I need to tree this dude and propably run 11.40-11.50 to put a spanking to him. The track We are sceduled to run at hooks very very well so traction should be good, and I'm thinkin with the headers, good clutch and traction with the current 150 shot shoud get me into the high 11's.

hmm depends on if you tree him and make your shifts right i'd be cruising the chevy forums tring to find out all his mods i would go much over a 175 shot on stock internals

hers what i would do
i would spend a little time a day trying to nail that 2nd to 3rd shift
i'd spray a 175 shot and work on treeing him, go to your local go fast store.. go buy some VHT track Bite

soak your slicks in it the night b4 the race

edit- are you still pulling fuel off your fuel rail?

Last edited:
it also wouldn't hurt to run a gal or 2 of race gas to keep off the detnation

There are a couple guys in here running 200+ on stock internals and say they have put threw many bottles with no troubles... So as long as you have a good tune you should be fine.

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
There are a couple guys in here running 200+ on stock internals and say they have put threw many bottles with no troubles... So as long as you have a good tune you should be fine.

that would scare the hell out of me.. if you go with that big of a shot For Sure have a few gals of race gas in the truck And Tuned!!! and a Window Switch so you can lock out 1st gear and 2nd gear and it'll spray as soon as you start climbing RPM's in 3rd and won't let you spray over 5900rpms

Tooloe said:
hmm depends on if you tree him and make your shifts right i'd be cruising the chevy forums tring to find out all his mods i would go much over a 175 shot on stock internals

hers what i would do
i would spend a little time a day trying to nail that 2nd to 3rd shift
i'd spray a 175 shot and work on treeing him, go to your local go fast store.. go buy some VHT track Bite

soak your slicks in it the night b4 the race

edit- are you still pulling fuel off your fuel rail?

Still off the rail, thinking I might jet the 200 and see what it does on the chassis dyno first.

I will be running 10 gallons of 112 octane, with the stock ecm tune...pig rich.

add a propane shot to the mix, and that will make you safe all day long, Propane has 140+ octane so its extremely safe. thats what I run..

i think its BTR performance that sells the kit

HISS said:
I will be running 10 gallons of 112 octane, with the stock ecm tune...pig rich.
you got the pig rich part right lol.. i would put it on the dyno first! and see what it does

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
add a propane shot to the mix, and that will make you safe all day long, Propane has 140+ octane so its extremely safe. thats what I run..

i think its BTR performance that sells the kit

What kind of numbers are You putting out, track times etc? What Your A/F look like?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back