Nitrous plate or dual nozzle? Nitrous questions

Newfie-SRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about bottle feeding my truck

Seen a plate on eBay for around $400 anyone use it? Nx I think makes it.

Or should I just go with dual nozzles mounted in the manifold?

Manifold is coming off anyway because I'm going to do the coils and wires and some powder coating

Anyone selling any nitrous parts? I have a bottle looking for lines, switches. Gauges. Window switch. Solenoids. Purge kit. Bottle opener. And so on

Also has anyone ever mounted the tank between the 2 front seats? I was thinking about removing the actual seat and try to keep the console part.

I'll be running 150 shot most Likely single strange unless someone objects

I will be purchasing a sct from someone reputable on here that can load a good nitrous tune as there are no dynos anywhere near me.

Any thought or suggestions?

Thinking about bottle feeding my truck

Seen a plate on eBay for around $400 anyone use it? Nx I think makes it.

Or should I just go with dual nozzles mounted in the manifold?

Manifold is coming off anyway because I'm going to do the coils and wires and some powder coating

Anyone selling any nitrous parts? I have a bottle looking for lines, switches. Gauges. Window switch. Solenoids. Purge kit. Bottle opener. And so on

Also has anyone ever mounted the tank between the 2 front seats? I was thinking about removing the actual seat and try to keep the console part.

I'll be running 150 shot most Likely single strange unless someone objects

I will be purchasing a sct from someone reputable on here that can load a good nitrous tune as there are no dynos anywhere near me.

Any thought or suggestions?

I can get you the entire kit with everything you'll need including a high flow bottle. I recommend our plate kit.

Honestly if all you have is a bottle you're not saving anything, unless your buying someone's used stuff. And really when you are screwing with something this expensive you wanna take a chance on it over saving $100 bucks?

Honestly if all you have is a bottle you're not saving anything, unless your buying someone's used stuff. And really when you are screwing with something this expensive you wanna take a chance on it over saving $100 bucks?

Nothing will be put on the truck till I have a full kit built. When you buy a full kit you are mostly paying for convenience to just install and go to a tune of $1500-$2000. I have a bottle, well 2. One is an expensive composite one and the other a cheaper purple zex one. So if I have a bottle and the plate is $400 (comes with jets) I need lines, solenoids, window switch, gauges, and bottle heater. From what I've priced I can save over $500 or more which would cover my sct and tune :) if I went with nozzles I'd save a bit more. I'm in no rush to get this on the truck

Nothing will be put on the truck till I have a full kit built. When you buy a full kit you are mostly paying for convenience to just install and go to a tune of $1500-$2000. I have a bottle, well 2. One is an expensive composite one and the other a cheaper purple zex one. So if I have a bottle and the plate is $400 (comes with jets) I need lines, solenoids, window switch, gauges, and bottle heater. From what I've priced I can save over $500 or more which would cover my sct and tune :) if I went with nozzles I'd save a bit more. I'm in no rush to get this on the truck

Nitrous Outlet 03-06 Viper Plate System - Chrysler Systems - EFI Wet Nitrous Systems

There is a complete basic kit, you found a plate for $400. A single nitrous solinoid is $200 so now you're at $600 for a plate and 1 solinoid. Why dick around piecing together crap when you can pony up $850 and be done with it.

Nitrous Outlet 03-06 Viper Plate System - Chrysler Systems - EFI Wet Nitrous Systems

There is a complete basic kit, you found a plate for $400. A single nitrous solinoid is $200 so now you're at $600 for a plate and 1 solinoid. Why dick around piecing together crap when you can pony up $850 and be done with it.

Well now... I did not see that :dontknow:lol! I was just going by the kits I've seen on here $1500 and up. Definitely going to look into that. Thanks!! And I know there is a lot of other stuff I'll need but that's an excellent starting point.

Well now... I did not see that :dontknow:lol! I was just going by the kits I've seen on here $1500 and up. Definitely going to look into that. Thanks!! And I know there is a lot of other stuff I'll need but that's an excellent starting point.

Glad I could help, I think I've got 1700ish in mine with a heated bottle bracket and progressive controller.

What would you recommend needed as bare minimum to spray?

That kit, purge kit, window switch, sct tune, a/f gauge?

Depending on what size shot you plan on no tune needed. I've spayed a 200 shot on the stock tune(using race gas though) but with your list there that'd be every thing needed. I went with the progressive to help with traction. Hopefully I'll be getting a dyno tune and hitting it with a 250 shot this fall.

Depending on what size shot you plan on no tune needed. I've spayed a 200 shot on the stock tune(using race gas though) but with your list there that'd be every thing needed. I went with the progressive to help with traction. Hopefully I'll be getting a dyno tune and hitting it with a 250 shot this fall.

I'm thinking 100-150 shot. Highest octane fuel I can get around here is 91.

Where do you have your bottle mounted?

Currently it's mounted in the bed, gonna put it behind the seat though, gets in the way when I wanna haul anything

Big Red with a DYNO TUNE .Hell has frozen over :D

View attachment 54142

View attachment 54143

View attachment 54144

You may not want to piece a system together if you haven't run nitrous before. All components need to complement each other. It's not just adding nitrous. You need extra fuel, proper temp and pressures as well as safety issues especially with a stock engine. Otherwise you may wind up with a very expensive rebuild. A complete system requires bottles, bottle heaters, solenoids, purge solenoid, a separate fuel supply with filters, fuel pump, throttle switch, SCT or VEC, nitrous controller, gauges and nozzles. Using all these items will give control over your system. Any less is playing with the
danger of blowing your engine because it was pushed a little to far. Nozzle location and type is important. With as large a plenum as a ten has if one end leans out or a backfire, well you know the rest. Kits designed for our trucks are a safer way to go. Not a generic kit for any car. If you have questions PM me.

much ado about nothing at all .

Just go with the old K.I.S.S. system you will be fine .Start out small and work way up as you feel more comfortable you will be able to go up on the shot .

View attachment 54142

View attachment 54143

View attachment 54144

You may not want to piece a system together if you haven't run nitrous before. All components need to complement each other. It's not just adding nitrous. You need extra fuel, proper temp and pressures as well as safety issues especially with a stock engine. Otherwise you may wind up with a very expensive rebuild. A complete system requires bottles, bottle heaters, solenoids, purge solenoid, a separate fuel supply with filters, fuel pump, throttle switch, SCT or VEC, nitrous controller, gauges and nozzles. Using all these items will give control over your system. Any less is playing with the
danger of blowing your engine because it was pushed a little to far. Nozzle location and type is important. With as large a plenum as a ten has if one end leans out or a backfire, well you know the rest. Kits designed for our trucks are a safer way to go. Not a generic kit for any car. If you have questions PM me.

Wow! Thanks for the information :)!! That's a beautiful setup. :rock:

Attachments

• AZGTG125b.jpg
    AZGTG125b.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 64
  • MY TRUCK 8.jpg
    MY TRUCK 8.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 79
  • MY TRUCK 3.jpg
    MY TRUCK 3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Bottle Tray.jpg
    Bottle Tray.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN0712.JPG
    DSCN0712.JPG
    831.2 KB · Views: 83
K.I.S.S system? :dontknow:

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID .

Start out with a single jet with a wide open throttle switch and a power on toggle switch .With a 50 shot then work your way up on the jets .And a A/F gauge is a must .

Zex makes a down and dirty setup with all you need to get your feet wet so to speak .Just remember that any v8 setup will give you 10% less than they advertise because you have a v10 .And always get a wet kit ;)

Do your research and read read read up on it don't take everyone's advise on everything specially ones that are just out to sell you a big buck system .They are nice but unless you will be spraying it all the time it is really over kill .

Its like building your engine .What are your main goals .Is it to spray the mess out of it every time you punch it ,or is it to occasionally hit it .Is it to once in a blue moon go to track ,or are you going to be beating the living crap out of it every chance you get .;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back