NOOBIE at 30K

The Itch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time again to give advice to the NOOB!!! I’m at 30,000 miles and it appears I’m due to change all the fluids including the differential and spark plugs.
Which do I use for each??? (Oil, coolant, differential, and spark plugs)
I know this site is full of experts and Experience. I'm listening...

It’s a daily driver QC with a (93 octane) flash.

:rock: :rock: I’d like to thank BONE for offering up a stock belt. The people here still amaze me!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

You will get many answers to your questions...I use Mobile 1 0-40W oil...another will swear Royal Purple 5-40W is the better choice...probably one is as good as another but if you get too confused just use what the owners manual says.........if you dont have an owner's manual you can go to the link below and download it or order the actual hardcopy..

http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/

I think I'm OK with the oil and coolant. I'm not too sure about the Spark plugs. Replace with stock or is there something better?:dontknow: 30k seems a little early for plugs to me. Does it need it?

The Itch said:
I think I'm OK with the oil and coolant. I'm not too sure about the Spark plugs. Replace with stock or is there something better?:dontknow: 30k seems a little early for plugs to me. Does it need it?
i change my plugs every 15k. would recommend changing no later than 30k and I use the factory plugs.

ViperPoweredRam said:
i have a ? at how may miles did you guys change the brake pads?
12,000 miles..... and they were metal to metal.

BigRed460 said:
12,000 miles..... and they were metal to metal.

but that really depends on how the individual drives the truck. i downshift to brake alot....my brakes are still great at 24k....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back