Not a proud moment

initforthelulz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy got ahold of his Dads 2012 Mustang 3.7 today and while we're at PT he mentioned he wanted to run the 10'.

So we leave base and from the light I soft launched (I'm running straight through the cats, no exhaust) because it's loud as fuck and I'm at the main gate, he gets the jump and I couldn't catch up. We ran till about 75.

+1 for the Stang

Next light, I still launched a bit soft but got the jump and I was gone. He said I cheated with a rolling start, I disagree but it's not really important.

+1 for me.

I'd like to set the next run up a bit better next time instead of just half assing it after work, but I didn't think there would be anyway he'd get the jump and just walk away.

When I walked in the door and told my wife what happened, her response was "well you're running the 87 tune, so ?". Apparently there's a mix up on what tune is loaded. Not sure what happened but it doesn't feel right.... i feel dirty.

Gotta share the good with the bad. It's been quiet around here so I don't have any good kill stories.

Last edited:
Lol there's no way you will lose to the v6 stranger in a real race. Just set it up when you've got everything straight and spank him.

Dont let the fact that its a v6 fool you tho, the new ones have over 300 hp, and then of course there is the power to weight ratio. Might be a lot closer than some of yall think. My wifes V6 Camaro was a LOT faster than I could have imagined, with only 2 simple mods. You should still be able to win, without a doubt, but take a few of these things into consideration before you go beatin yourself up about it.

[
Dont let the fact that its a v6 fool you tho, the new ones have over 300 hp, and then of course there is the power to weight ratio. Might be a lot closer than some of yall think. My wifes V6 Camaro was a LOT faster than I could have imagined, with only 2 simple mods. You should still be able to win, without a doubt, but take a few of these things into consideration before you go beatin yourself up about it.

I was doing the power to rate ratio once I got to work, our trucks stock (QC) is something like 11.1, and the 3.7 is 11.08, pretty close.

I'm not really beating myself up, it just more or less caught me off gaurd and of course my buddy is enjoying his win a lot. I got bummed rushed when I walked in the door at work, "so uh, you got beat by a Mustang, a V6 Mustang?" the "race" got to work before I did lol .

I'm sure next lineup will go a bit differently.

Those 2011 and Newer V6 Mustangs run 13.80 off the showroom floor brother. You better bring your A game to beat him! Good Luck!

Those 2011 and Newer V6 Mustangs run 13.80 off the showroom floor brother. You better bring your A game to beat him! Good Luck!

We'll see. Should be fun either way.

Nobody wants to lose to a stock V6 Mustang, regardless of what year it is. :chain:

[

I was doing the power to rate ratio once I got to work, our trucks stock (QC) is something like 11.1, and the 3.7 is 11.08, pretty close.

I'm not really beating myself up, it just more or less caught me off gaurd and of course my buddy is enjoying his win a lot. I got bummed rushed when I walked in the door at work, "so uh, you got beat by a Mustang, a V6 Mustang?" the "race" got to work before I did lol .

I'm sure next lineup will go a bit differently.

Dont ya hate that? Every single guy in my unit with an intake is constantly telling me how slow my truck is, until I fly by and blow their unit patch off!

Why the hell are you running an 87 tune???

Look, I was new and didn't know any better :( Hoping to save a few bucks on gas just running around base.

Last I checked I was running the 93 tune, but my wife said she changed it awhile ago and has only been putting 87 in. So due to some miscommunication we've inadvertently been alternating between 87 and 93 depending on who was buying.

It happens, brother, no worries. I had a kid in a 4 door Accord beat my one night because I took him way too lightly. Is his car faster than my '10? No. Was it a legit kill for him, you bet! The lesson is not to screw around; either you're racing, or your not. All that lays in the middle is dissappointment for someone.

Ya wanna know why Scott wins so many races? Because he brings his a game, every single time.

Ya wanna know why Adrian wins so many races? So do the rest of us :D

Go to a race track. No honks, no traffic, no bullshit excuses. And there will be an undisputed winner of every race....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back