Not a Race Per Se

SlvrSnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At a light going across an intersection. Just want to get across first so I can be first at a stop sign about 1/2 mile down the road. Wanted to test out new trans and see how she's shiftin. Got to check it but not the way I planned.

There is a MB next to me. Not sure what one, 2 door small, with AMG badging. Light turns and I go across about 1/2 throttle. My lane is ending but toolbox wants to race. When I realize he's coming I nail it but he has a run on me. Start to walk him but I am running out of lane, goes from two down to one. I am in the one that ends. So I back off.

Now he is in front of me at the stop sign I wanted to go to. Of course he nails it. I let him go about a car and a half. I nail it and just destroy him. He is definitely WOT and I walk right up on his bumper and he has a window full of Dodge Ram SRT-10 headlights. I proved my point, I'm done I own you, and back off. He keeps going like a bat out hell to make sure he never saw me again. WHAT A TOOL!!

By the way, trans shifted nice.:rock:

SlvrSnake said:
At a light going across an intersection. Just want to get across first so I can be first at a stop sign about 1/2 mile down the road. Wanted to test out new trans and see how she's shiftin. Got to check it but not the way I planned.

There is a MB next to me. Not sure what one, 2 door small, with AMG badging. Light turns and I go across about 1/2 throttle. My lane is ending but toolbox wants to race. When I realize he's coming I nail it but he has a run on me. Start to walk him but I am running out of lane, goes from two down to one. I am in the one that ends. So I back off.

Now he is in front of me at the stop sign I wanted to go to. Of course he nails it. I let him go about a car and a half. I nail it and just destroy him. He is definitely WOT and I walk right up on his bumper and he has a window full of Dodge Ram SRT-10 headlights. I proved my point, I'm done I own you, and back off. He keeps going like a bat out hell to make sure he never saw me again. WHAT A TOOL!!

By the way, trans shifted nice.:rock:

THAT! is a high class kill:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

had a similar deal going to the nc lil gtg we had last weekend:D
was inkinda a hurry cuz I was runnin late, and ran up on a porsche carrerra S? anyway he wouldnt move , so I made a bold move around him , naturally ha nailed it:p then he got to see his $100,000 car get to see the tailgate of a truck, he wouldnt even look at me after that:p

Both of you guys are my HEROES, great kills:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

"Badging" being the key word possibly...

I had a S55 AMG, no shit 500HP supercharged V-8. It was lethal from a dig, roll, you name it, bone stock. I can't even begin to count how many people learned their lesson the hard way.

What I do see is an inordinate amount of poser badging going on with owners of the standard model M-B. I'm by no means an expert, but didn't have any problem calling out a guy with a SLK at the ATM the other day, with his two little honeys in the car hearing the whole thing...

"Nice badge...now why don't you get the car to go with it?"

"Uhhh...I would if I could afford it"

Loser. No hatin' on the kill, just the loser who thinks a $50 badge makes his car a world class supercar. I don't even like the "SRT Design" badge on my 300. First thing I tell everyone is that it's not a real SRT...

Ronin said:
"Badging" being the key word possibly...

I had a S55 AMG, no shit 500HP supercharged V-8. It was lethal from a dig, roll, you name it, bone stock. I can't even begin to count how many people learned their lesson the hard way.

What I do see is an inordinate amount of poser badging going on with owners of the standard model M-B. I'm by no means an expert, but didn't have any problem calling out a guy with a SLK at the ATM the other day, with his two little honeys in the car hearing the whole thing...

"Nice badge...now why don't you get the car to go with it?"

"Uhhh...I would if I could afford it"

Loser. No hatin' on the kill, just the loser who thinks a $50 badge makes his car a world class supercar. I don't even like the "SRT Design" badge on my 300. First thing I tell everyone is that it's not a real SRT...

I saw your response about the AMG you had. That is why I stated badging b/c I think that is all it was. The tricked out Benz is no joke but the guy I encoutered was a joke. Just think he was one of those people who throws on the decals like you already said. I have seen a couple of Hemi trucks around my way with SRT8 decals on them.

Speaking of Mercedes, good kill by the way, not trying to hijack your thread.

But I had what I guess you could call a kill. Was at the toll road gate, there are three lanes here that quickly neck down to a single lane. One lane over was one of these;

http://www.mbusa.com/models/main.do?modelCode=S550V

We both cleared the gate at the same time and about the same speed. Could tell by the way he got on it he thought he could beat me to the neck down. fool. I blew him away on the short ramp, then he tried to stay with me. I was slowly moving away from him and noticed he finally got out around 120. I went to 130 just to show him there was more, by this time I had a half mile on him. This took place within about a mile from the gate. I guess 90k doesn't buy as much as it used to.

76574srt10 said:
Speaking of Mercedes, good kill by the way, not trying to hijack your thread.

But I had what I guess you could call a kill. Was at the toll road gate, there are three lanes here that quickly neck down to a single lane. One lane over was one of these;

http://www.mbusa.com/models/main.do?modelCode=S550V

We both cleared the gate at the same time and about the same speed. Could tell by the way he got on it he thought he could beat me to the neck down. fool. I blew him away on the short ramp, then he tried to stay with me. I was slowly moving away from him and noticed he finally got out around 120. I went to 130 just to show him there was more, by this time I had a half mile on him. This took place within about a mile from the gate. I guess 90k doesn't buy as much as it used to.

The car I with toolbox in it looked very much like the car in your link. I am positive it was a 2 door though.

76574srt10 said:
I guess 90k doesn't buy as much as it used to.

The new 550 is under 400HP...and it ain't an AMG. If we're talking AMGs the S63 is sporting 500+HP @ $127K, and if you really want to hammer down the S65 sports a twin-turbo V-12 pushing 600HP @ just under $200K. The regular line of M-B as compared to the AMGs is pretty much similar to comparing a Hemi Ram to an SRT-10...it ain't a comparison! Not even close.

I'm very much diggin' the new C63 but it needs to get the kinks worked out of it's first model year production run...

Handing a poser their azz is even better than doing it to the real thing, and puts the clown in their place.

Poser=Fail

SlvrSnake said:
I saw your response about the AMG you had. That is why I stated badging b/c I think that is all it was. The tricked out Benz is no joke but the guy I encountered was a joke. Just think he was one of those people who throws on the decals like you already said. I have seen a couple of Hemi trucks around my way with SRT8 decals on them.

Posers suck...and blow. Guess he found out the badge by itself doesn't add 200HP... :D

There's a guy in my town that does custom stereo work. Apparently he is widely known. He had Stackhouse's Maybach ($400K) there yesterday. A Bently convertable ($600K) and he was driving a customers S65 when I saw him. All I know is.....I'm in the wrong business.

SilvrSRT10 said:
There's a guy in my town that does custom stereo work. Apparently he is widely known. He had Stackhouse's Maybach ($400K) there yesterday. A Bently convertable ($600K) and he was driving a customers S65 when I saw him. All I know is.....I'm in the wrong business.

Whoa...those are some seriously uber-b!tchin' rides! Great work...if you can get it I guess. I'm not too sure I'd wanna be cutting into headrests, dashes, door panels on a roughly 1/2 million $ car though!

Here in the land of money its common to see C63's, M5's, Gallardo's, 360 Modenas, Merc SLR's, Carerra Gt's and the like in the car park at your local shopping center. Some of the guys who own these cars can drive, but many can not. I have seen wrecked 911's by the dozen, a few bent Lambos and some dinged Ferraris. Stuff like this http://youtube.com/watch?v=DggRRCqEiKw&feature=related I only know of 3 SRT's here in Dubai, but when mine arrives in September (CE #4/200) I plan on having some fun!;)

Last edited:
Back