Not an Investment

cold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More evidence that you should enjoy your truck.

Barrett Jackson just had a 1978 Corvette pace car. The guy bought it new and garaged it. They estimated he would have paid 14,000 new. He only drove it for 90 miles. To me that is buying it as an investment. It just sold for 42,000. 14,000 invested in the s&p 500 in 1978 and you would have over 200,000 today. Not to mention, if I were that guy, it would have torchured me to walk by that car in my garage for 28 years and not drive it. Now granted this is just one example, but I say drive your trucks and enjoy them.

Last edited:
cold said:
More evidence that you should enjoy your truck.

Barrett Jackson just had a 1978 Corvette pace car. The guy bought it new and garaged it. They estimated he would have paid 14,000 new. He only drove it for 90 miles. To me that is buying it as an investment. It just sold for 42,000. 14,000 invested in the s&p 500 in 1978 and you would have over 200,000 today. Not to mention, if I were that guy, it would have torchure me to walk by that car in my garage for 28 years and not drive it. Now granted this is just one example, but I say drive your trucks and enjoy them.

I agree wholeheartly.:) If I buy it, I'm going to use it. :D

1978 was not a great year for performance cars for that matter any car built during the mid to late 70's sucked maybe this has some thing to do with low return.:dontknow:
Cheers J.T.

He wasn't saving it as an investment, he was just too embarrassed to be seen driving a '78 Vette:puke:

Could you clarify those remarks about not driving a vehicle. I just do not understand.

See sig

hemi killer said:
Could you clarify those remarks about not driving a vehicle. I just do not understand.

See sig
What's that in the garage in the picture of your C/E?

Just depends on the car. If you bought a Cobra or another rare car, like a 68 Mustang 428 2+2 fastback and let it sit, you could pull over 500Gs for a 4-6K investment. Plus you still have some enjoyment of having the car.

hemi killer said:

See sig

I will answer your question with a question. Why don't you drive your CE?

94rt10ohio said:
Because he has the black one :burnout:

Because I have a Black one. This spring I am gaing to start running a tank of gas a year in it. I know this sounds foolish right now, but I am hoping that it will be worth something someday. Plus I love driving the black one.

I bought my truck for an investment,so far I've got 43,000 invested in it in two years !!!That's miles though !!!!STILL having fun playing !!!

I work for the money I need, and play with whatever is left. That being said; I'm investing well over $150 a week into the truck and I enjoy every penny.:rock:

43K Mi!:eek: MY HERO!!!:adore: Are you on your third set of tires by now? I'm nearing 30K, just swapped out the spark plugs, and have replaced the leaky oil cooler lines. Tire set #3 should be due before the end of the year...:D :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back