O2 sensor malfunction

Halligan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so as you may know I installed x-metal catless mids. I'm awaiting mechanical sims...I had to buy a special 90 degree elbow o2 simulator on ebay. I've just been moving the truck in and out of the garage when I need to since the first CEL came on throwing P0420 and P0031 (i think those were the #s). Tonight I took it up the street to the grocery store, and it threw this code (only):

P0158-O2 SENSOR 2/2 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH - SRT10

Is my 02 sensor bad? What does 2/2 mean? I assume passenger side rear as that is the one that does not have the o2 simulator.

When the truck is running, it smells awful. Not like the mids when I first got them and it smelled "rich." So, I assume one of them is shot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and I've changed the number 49 fuse a handful of times since I've had the mids. These things are turning into a PITA :(

Thanks!
- Kyle

Last edited:
Hell...I spent 2 weeks with my dealer trying to run down why my truck was running off the scale pig fat....turns out the @%%#$%^##$%^&* shop that installed the headers, mids and Magnaflows broke a wire to the left O2 sensor...he soldered it back but it was touching the side shorting it out....:mad: ....Truck smelled so bad at a red light I was embarassed..:eek:

That's pretty messed up man. I'm thinking that's what it is. My rear passenger O2 sensor looked the worst when I checked it last week. The wiring was the most unprotected, and the cover to one of the wires was slightly pulled back.

Halligan said:
it threw this code (only):

P0158-O2 SENSOR 2/2 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH - SRT10

Is my 02 sensor bad? What does 2/2 mean? I assume passenger side rear as that is the one that does not have the o2 simulator.

When the truck is running, it smells awful. Not like the mids when I first got them and it smelled "rich." So, I assume one of them is shot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and I've changed the number 49 fuse a handful of times since I've had the mids. These things are turning into a PITA :(

Thanks!
- Kyle
the fact that the sensor hole in the mids was put in the wrong place & that your o2 sensor was rubbing the transmission & blowing fuses means that it is probably bad..... once you get your elbow & can mount the sensor so it's in the clear, you should probably replace the o2 sensor too........ ~$30.00 from the dealer........

it's too bad you're having all these problems....... my b&b's went in w/o issues !!!!:D

Last edited:
Haligan you need to contact boomer and get things straight bro.

but first contact Dragon or moparconnectiona and get all new 02 sensors, and tellem to cut you a killer deal:D

but the mids should go on, and the 02's should mount with no additional elbos needed, and shouldnt cause any cel's in the process,

also check for any broken wires from the connector up.

but you paid for something, and dont give up till its right, money is hard earned

Thanks for your help.

I'm going to get ahold of Dragon tomorrow and see if he can put in an order for me. My dearler quoted me 50 per O2 sensor! I will, at the least, replace the rears on both sides.

I have left gary at x-metal a message(last week), and no response - I guess I'll have to try and call him tomorrow.

I have bad luck! At this point, I love the sound, but wish I would have played my cards a little better. The rear bung on the passenger side is mounted on the top of the pipe instead of the side. I had to get the 90 degree elbow bend spacer b/c the o2 sensor hit the freakin tranny. On the brighter side, do you think the SCT will be able to get rid of the O2 sensor readings like the mopar pcm, etc?

Halligan said:
Thanks for your help.

I'm going to get ahold of Dragon tomorrow and see if he can put in an order for me. My dearler quoted me 50 per O2 sensor! I will, at the least, replace the rears on both sides.

I have left gary at x-metal a message(last week), and no response - I guess I'll have to try and call him tomorrow.

I have bad luck! At this point, I love the sound, but wish I would have played my cards a little better. The rear bung on the passenger side is mounted on the top of the pipe instead of the side. I had to get the 90 degree elbow bend spacer b/c the o2 sensor hit the freakin tranny. On the brighter side, do you think the SCT will be able to get rid of the O2 sensor readings like the mopar pcm, etc?

dont know enough about the sct to tell ya bro, but the bungs are def in the wrong place, adn the 02's are nowhere near that much:dontknow:

i will look these up tomorrow and call you. ya if you have to go through all this trouble to just get the o2 in place i would at least try to get a diffrent mid pipe.

didnt think about it till Dragon posted, sorry, but anyway you can get a new 02 bung and have it welded in the correct postition, but you would think Gary would make it right for ya

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back