O2 sensor

VPRRAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm in the process of installing my Mopar headers and am changing the o2 sensors, any helpful hints on how to get the, right side (passenger side) upstream, o2 sensor out. Its up so far, I cant reach it. Its connection in on the top of the transmission...

QC 2005

Anyone that has done it, please tell me how you got it.

Thanx so much

VPRRAM

Please add your location to your profile. It will make it easier for people near you to offer assistance.

Did you remove the inner fender liners?

Use a wrench! Its the only way! Atleast it was for me ^^

I have not unplugged the O2 upstream sensor for the mopar headers. Going to install them soon so guess I will find out if I need to unplugg it >_< I hope I dont have to.

So I'm in the process of installing my Mopar headers and am changing the o2 sensors, any helpful hints on how to get the, right side (passenger side) upstream, o2 sensor out. Its up so far, I cant reach it. Its connection in on the top of the transmission...

QC 2005

Thanx so much

VPRRAM

Basically you have to reach your arms up there and bear hug tranny while feeling and disconnecting/connecting O2 :(

It is a total PITA! Remove the inner fenders and reach in.:mad:

Use a wrench! Its the only way! Atleast it was for me ^^

I have not unplugged the O2 upstream sensor for the mopar headers. Going to install them soon so guess I will find out if I need to unplugg it >_< I hope I dont have to.

Bergman, you do have to because the upstream o2 is the one you have to add the extension to...

I guess I will bear hug the transmission...

I do have the fender wells out and still cant reach it.

Thanx for the help

VPRRAM

Well hell, if everybody else can reach it but you can't, you might have to change your screen name to T-REX. :D

I was able to lay on top of the motor and just reach down. May take you a min or two but that was the easiest way for me to disconnect the connection. Grab yourself a thick blanket and throw it on top of the motor and then crawl on in.

QC 2005

Thanx so much

VPRRAM

Did the "blanket in the top of the motor" thing. Had the wifey lay under the truck, so I unhooked the right connection. Worked like a charm, thanx for the guy who gave me that advice.

My T-rex arms were able to reach it... ;,)

VPRRAM

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back