OEM Amp to Aftermarket Subwoofer

rodtek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Unsurprisingly,but unexpectedly..... my stock Infinity subwoofer went out and already aware that I needed to replace the amp and subwoofer anyways....I purchased a Kicker CompVR10.

It's gonna be a few weeks before I can get a new amp so I was wondering if the OEM Infinity amp is able to push something to the 400 Watt Kicker and produce some sound?

I'm sure that if it does work...it's not gonna run at it's full potential until I can replace the OEM amp.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

If it's the sub is the same ohms as the amp, which i forget what it is you should be okay. I know i tried to hook up a single voice coil kicker and it would sound good untill you turned it up a bit then it would cut out. (or i tried to hook up a duel voice coil... i forget now if the factory sub is is single or duel)

If I remember (maybe I dont :dontknow:) the factory sub is a dual voice coil wired at 4 ohms

Replace the factory amp, its not going to do much with that CompVR10

If I remember (maybe I dont :dontknow:) the factory sub is a dual voice coil wired at 4 ohms

Replace the factory amp, its not going to do much with that CompVR10

Yeah you are right. But the stock system is garbage... if you got the funds it's well worth the upgrade.

I kept my factory highs amp, speakers and REC radio (modded it) and added subs. I went alittle overkill with 4 Alpine 10's.

DSC00547.jpg
af1745c0.jpg
3f595206.jpg

Last edited:
All 4 facing down. Love the amps. You can see the vent in this pic

DSC00551.jpg

Wish i could. It's a little small. Still not sure what I want to do for a box. What you have for a head unit? I can't see anything but a screen in the 06's

Wish i could. It's a little small. Still not sure what I want to do for a box. What you have for a head unit? I can't see anything but a screen in the 06's

Kept the factory REC (navi) radio.

PAC high to low converters. Factory sub amp still under the seat, hooked up and working.

297285af.jpg

If it's the sub is the same ohms as the amp, which i forget what it is you should be okay. I know i tried to hook up a single voice coil kicker and it would sound good untill you turned it up a bit then it would cut out. (or i tried to hook up a duel voice coil... i forget now if the factory sub is is single or duel)
okay, thanx. I'm putting the subwoofer in today...we'll see what happens.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting a new one..the stock one is horrible.....thanks

Okay, thanx..that's good to know because I think the CompVR10 is a dual voice subwoofer

Yeah you are right. But the stock system is garbage... if you got the funds it's well worth the upgrade.
Yeah, I agree...I'm thinking about buying the Kicker ZX7501. When purchasing an amp..do buy one that's equal to the max watts or something that exceeds the max watts of the subwoofer....I'll assume some amp can be tuned down.

Thanx

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back