Oil change this morning....somethings off!

TKT PLZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the truck into the dealership this morning for an oil change. They rang it up and I drove off. I tend to watch the oil gauges more than I do the spedometer and I noticed I wasn't getting the pressure that I usually do. I normally run close to 75psi and I was getting somewhere around 60. I also noticed that the oil temp was moving between 200 and 210 degrees and its normally pretty steady at 200.

I called them up and asked them how much oil they put in (because they gave me the wrong customers invoice) and they stated "8.75 quarts, which is whats called for for this particular truck", but they asked that I come back so they can take a look.

I took it back and the tech took a look and said he put a little to much oil in and then proceeded to drain a bit out.

Again I drove off and it didn't seem to change anything.

Now to the question. Will to much oil cause under pressure and for it to heat up more?

The oil they put in was Mobil 1 0W40.

depends on what oil you had in before, the 0wieght oil will show a lower oil pressure, the temp thing is probably jsut something you are noticing.

Oil pressure is right in line!!

Temps are also if you do not have the cooler Thermo and a tune to turn on your fan earlier!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back