Oil Consumption Specs.

JRSVIPR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thought i would start a new thread in case someone missed this.

J.R.

basically telling you that EVERY DC gas motor is ok'ed to burn 1qt for every 1k miles without any cause for worry, and thats for vehicles with under 50k miles. For vehicles with more than 50k, they say that 1qt for every 750 miles is ok. Anything more than is a cause for worry. HAHAHAHAHAA what a bunch of bastards!

JRSVIPR said:
This is what they (the dealership ) sent me when i thought i was using to much oil.

J.R.

Thanks.

I can't believe they want people to think that is an acceptable amount of oil to go through. Especially on one of their very best engines. :(

So, do they want you to just accept that info or what? Did they give you any recourse?

Ron

Mace said:
basically telling you that EVERY DC gas motor is ok'ed to burn 1qt for every 1k miles without any cause for worry, and thats for vehicles with under 50k miles. For vehicles with more than 50k, they say that 1qt for every 750 miles is ok. Anything more than is a cause for worry. HAHAHAHAHAA what a bunch of bastards!
Affirmative. They cover there ass pretty well.

J.R.

rottenronnie said:
Thanks.

I can't believe they want people to think that is an acceptable amount of oil to go through. Especially on one of their very best engines. :(

So, do they want you to just accept that info or what? Did they give you any recourse?

Ron
The recourse is, Let us know if you start using more than that.:dontknow:

J.R.

I will let you know in about 2,000 miles. I am gonna make them check everything on the list!!!!

2ndchance said:
I will let you know in about 2,000 miles. I am gonna make them check everything on the list!!!!
Keep us "in the loop" 2ndchance. Collectively we may get to the bottom of this.

Moparts Connection is correct, i own a 1955 DeSoto and the 22 page owners manual says a quart every 1,000 miles.That has been the standard since then atleast,but its not to get over on anyone but you do have some consumption during break-in.Oh by the way,i love this site, i wish you guy's lived closer to me so i could make some get to gethers.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back