Oil cooler line help

ninj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed my new oil cooler lines exactly the same as the stock ones were on even took it for a drive and nothing out of the normal but I saw a couple pictures of other peoples and there line are connected differently then mine. If you could post up a pic of yours, or any help you can offer would be great thanks.

Could you post up pics of yours? It should be easy to see if something is wrong.:)

i can try little later, im on baby duty now.

So they look like they are wrong but thats how the stock ones were installed for some reason. I did it one line at a time to ensure i didnt mix them up. I took it for a drive and nothing seemed wrong. But it definatley doesnt look like the others i have seen. The picture is taken from the front by the radiator.

wbuixh.jpg

If i do have to swap them I can do it easly from the cooler, you think I need to re drain the oil of just keep the lines elevated?

heres mine

Attachments

• 100_0262_0060.jpg
    100_0262_0060.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 518
  • 100_0261_0059.jpg
    100_0261_0059.jpg
    853.6 KB · Views: 715
  • 100_0267_0065.jpg
    100_0267_0065.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 222
is it possible to swap the lines at the cooler ports without draining the oil

i built mine for about 130...and i swapped the lines everything seems good hopefully i dont find any leaks.

Where did you get those lines? How much? Trying not to spend 200+ if I don't have to. Thanks.

I have access to hydraulic hose and fittings at work. I made them myself, cost maybe $70 total. They are not as flashy as the stainless braided hoses either, which to me is important.

Wanna make another set?!?!?!?! Performance is more important than looks and they still look nicer than the leaking OE ones........

If I had a couple guys want them I possibly could I guess. It's a pain to do cause I used 90's and a 45 on the hose ends so they have to be indexed perfectly so they can fit without having to twist the hoses. Would you guys want them to route under the frame like I have mine? I will double check on the pricing of the ends and fittings tomorrow.

Whichever would be the easiest install, keep us updated...Thanks.

OEM routing would be the way for me I think. Nothing specific the more I look at it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back