Oil Cooler

Please remember,oil temp is important as it needs to get hot enough to boil off condensation that builds in the engine that creates acids,sludge,and worst of all it takes 1 drop of water to spin a bearing.The fact is oil does alot of cooling in the engine, but most areas of the engine are not highly pressurized therefore water will mix in the oil from this condensation and water doesn't boil until 212 degrees . So beware making it to cool.

V10 BULLET said:
Please remember,oil temp is important as it needs to get hot enough to boil off condensation that builds in the engine that creates acids,sludge,and worst of all it takes 1 drop of water to spin a bearing.The fact is oil does alot of cooling in the engine, but most areas of the engine are not highly pressurized therefore water will mix in the oil from this condensation and water doesn't boil until 212 degrees . So beware making it to cool.

Agreed, and have discussed this at length with several folks at Dodge and with my dealer, Offroad Racer. We have some simple idea's for dealing with this. Thats one of the reasons we chose the mounting location. Right now I just want to get it mounted up and do some testing with it. We generally get some 100+F days in October and just an hour and half north of me I'll be able to test in low 40F temps at the same time for comparison.

I'm in. Water temp was over 225 today, Oil just over 200. I need to do something to keep this beast cool. I would like to have AN fittings, but only because I have an assortment of fittings and hoses left over from many projects. Thanks for doing all tha research and legwork.
Shawn

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back