OIL LEAK

trubuilt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an oil leak and would like some help as to what steps i should take. I believe that the leak is coming form the oil filter (easy fix) but i am also worried about the other pics with the oil on the oil lines. any info would be great thanks

Attachments

• oilleak.jpg
    oilleak.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 305
  • oilleak3.jpg
    oilleak3.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 507
  • oilleak1.jpg
    oilleak1.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 624
  • oilleak2.jpg
    oilleak2.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 360
Check your oil filter gasket. Make sure it's not cracked. I would just replace the oil filter. Put a bead of oil around the gasket of the oil filter before installation and do not overtighten the filter. Hand tight only. Top your oil off. Clean your engine. Put the truck on jackstands. Run the engine until you see the leak developing.

Hope this helps:dontknow:
Brad

aftermarket oil filter...they leak. the oil cooler lines do leak. they have been updated...under warranty for 3/36

Might want to check that the gasket from the last oil filter is not stuck onto the engine with the new filter screwed over top of it. Everytime I change my oil, the gasket always sticks to the engine.

As for the oil line.............they just freaking leak........pisses me off. Had mine changed and it leaks worse. I also had my rear main seal changed and it still leaks.....

If your still under warranty take her in.

patrick

mine leaked for a couple weeks after I got it back from the dealer, and then all of a sudden it stopped leaking.

I hope I just had a puddle of oil in the skid plate or something...

bucke77 said:
aftermarket oil filter...they leak. the oil cooler lines do leak. they have been updated...under warranty for 3/36

i wish that were true. my truck was at the dealer several times of my complaining about the oil cooler lines. i even said what is this leak from the seal when i looked up under there with them. they said thats a leak from your oil filter.

get this shit....my truck is in for a slave cylinder and i have opted to upgrade the whole thing with the viper stuff. my warranty expired feb.5th.........i get a phone call when they diagnose that my slave cylinder went out(as if i didnt know) and that the warranty has expired and og by the way did you know your oil cooler lines are leaking and it will cost such and such dollars to fix.

i have had a good relationship with them but this pisses me off.

Walmart now sells Mopar filters and fluids if you want to go that route.

My oil lines are being replaced today under warranty. They (Royal Gate Dodge) were aware of the bad crimp issue on these trucks.

dilly03 said:
My oil lines are being replaced today under warranty. They (Royal Gate Dodge) were aware of the bad crimp issue on these trucks.

Were the bad oil lines just on 04-05's or were the 2006 models affected as well?

Thanks!

JR_PRO said:
Were the bad oil lines just on 04-05's or were the 2006 models affected as well?

Thanks!

Not sure, I would hope that they realized they had a problem by the time the 06's went into production. When I picked my truck up they mentioned that they also replaced the oil cooler as well. :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back