Oil pressure Help!

Swede

Reaction score
Hello im new to this forum, im form Sweden and just bought a new 06 ram 1500 srt 10 regular cab. To the question: The oil preasure is pedling from 50-70 psi (never under 50 so far )is that normal?, when you hit the gas the oil preasure is increasing and when you stop, it will decrease. Is it safe to drive the car or should i talk to the dealer? Second question how much oil does it drink in the beginning, lest saw for the first 1500 miles?
Many Thanks
Swede

Swede said:
Hello im new to this forum, im form Sweden and just bought a new 06 ram 1500 srt 10 regular cab. To the question: The oil preasure is pedling from 50-70 psi (never under 50 so far )is that normal?, when you hit the gas the oil preasure is increasing and when you stop, it will decrease. Is it safe to drive the car or should i talk to the dealer? Second question how much oil does it drink in the beginning, lest saw for the first 1500 miles?
Many Thanks
Swede

Here is a link,

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14327&highlight=oil+pressure

welcome swedish :rock: :rock:

all seems normal :

from the service manual

Oil pressure should be 10 psi at idle or 45 - 75 psi at 3000 RPM.

belgiumbarry said:
welcome swedish :rock: :rock:

all seems normal :

from the service manual

Oil pressure should be 10 psi at idle or 45 - 75 psi at 3000 RPM.

Don't tell me you are an other Manuel Spouting Keven hehehe:D :D

includemeout said:
Don't tell me you are an other Manuel Spouting Keven hehehe:D :D

at least i give the one-liner that says everything :rock: You getting lazy Jerry , just posting the link :p :p :p :D :D :D

belgiumbarry said:
at least i give the one-liner that says everything :rock: You getting lazy Jerry , just posting the link :p :p :p :D :D :D

oh, been meaning to ask how you been doing Frenchy?????????:p :p

It is normal. If you notice that oil pressure decreased to 0 psi when you are come to full stop then you need to change the oil.

Kevan said:
Screw off.
At least I'm able to spell.

I can spell Kevin :p Btw, where are the pic's of the watch Chicken Wrist ?????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
welcome Swede ! stay tuned for our first GTG next summer. :rock: :rock:
Do you live near Stefan ?:dontknow: (SRT-of-Sweden)

Floor said:
welcome Swede ! stay tuned for our first GTG next summer. :rock: :rock:
Do you live near Stefan ?:dontknow: (SRT-of-Sweden)

hey FLOOR , how's the wife doing ? :dontknow: :rock:

Hello Floor
I dont know where in Sweden Stefan livs, but if he is active at this forum we will proably meet sometime!
/Mathias the Swede!!!

The presure is normal, but if you ever see it on 0 psi turn off the truck and call for a tow truck.

mauiSRT/10 said:
All is normal dude....................if your rear tires wear faster than the fronts.........thats normal too!!!! LOL

Enjoy the ride

patrick

...and if your front tires wear faster than the rears that isn't NORMAL.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back