Oil pressure issues

SRT 10 Rooster

Reaction score
So a few days ago as I'm sitting at a light, truck dings and the check gauges light comes on... look and oil pressure is at zero. It goes right back up after blipping the throttle and stays there. Weird, but it didnt happen again. Until today. It did it again. Under below average driving habits. Literally taking the kids to school. Truck was at operating temps, oil level is fine, and gauge appears to be working correctly. Do I have an oil pump going bad??

So a few days ago as I'm sitting at a light, truck dings and the check gauges light comes on... look and oil pressure is at zero. It goes right back up after blipping the throttle and stays there. Weird, but it didnt happen again. Until today. It did it again. Under below average driving habits. Literally taking the kids to school. Truck was at operating temps, oil level is fine, and gauge appears to be working correctly. Do I have an oil pump going bad??

It is possible but more likely the oil sending unit for the gauge. I'd change that fast and note whether it occurs again bro. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back