OK Guys need some help

K-80-123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to Hennessey yesterday and told him I might be intrested in one of his Vipers.......so here is what he has offered to me:

My truck and $75,000.00 for a :BLACK 2005 VIPER SRT CONVERTIBLE WITH ABOUT 5600 MILES. ITS CURRENTLY GOT THE VENOMAERO BODY, KW SUSPENSION AND VENOM 6R 20 IN WHEELS AND TIRES.

He is going to put his Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Package on it .....will start in the next few weeks......and that should be done in 2 months....it will have the chrome intake and AEM engine management system.....should make 900 hp+ to the rear wheels.

OK guys is this a good deal.....or should I stay with the truck?

Blakewilder don't worry I won't do a thing till we talk..:eek:

Both. :cool:

The VenomAero bodied TT SRT-10's are the money. Best looking car I can think of. :rock: (and obviously fast as s#!t)

That's gonna be a tough decision. I don't envy you. :D Good luck bo, on whatever you decide! :cool:

All I can say is that I wish I had that kind of money to have to make that kind of choice :mad: you luck bastard :dontknow:

If I did have that kind of money, well I would have to have both ;)

RedSrt007 said:
Sell you truck, take all the extra money you have and buy a Jet :dontknow: :slug:

HAHHAHA.....no way it will be a stretch to do this deal....I am just not sure if it's a good deal :confused: ....I have never even had a ride in a Viper :eek: but I have always thought it was one badass looking car....I am with you on that one TJ.......just need some help if this is a good deal or not??

Walt

Last edited:
I don't know. That's alot of money on top of your truck. Hmmmm... As much as I love our trucks, and your's sure as hell aint no slouch, a 1000hp Viper is one damn hot ride!! Toss up?:dontknow:

If I had the money, I'd go Viper I think...:burnout:

Stretch

K-80-123 said:
HAHHAHA.....no way it will be a stretch to do this deal....I am just not sure if it's a good deal :confused: ....I have never even had a ride in a Viper :eek: but I have always thought it was one badass looking car....I am with you on that one TJ.......just need some help if this is a good deal or not??

Walt
Call Dan after 9:00/pst...he knows John H. and he will be the guy that might be able to help you.

Dan Cragin
President
DC Performance Inc.

3370 S. Livonia Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Tel: 310-841-6996
Fax: 310-841-6496
Toll Free: 800-841-8979

Quick

I don't think its a good buy personally. Your giving John 75k PLUS your truck 120k = 200k (45msrp + venom kit) which you gave him 75-80k already for the Twin Turbo kit ????, and in return, he's giving you a used 2005 Viper, with a Twin Turbo kit....

So lets just say Both twin turbo kits wash each other out...(you know the old rule 1-1=0). That means, your geting a used 2005 Viper for 75k and your trade in!

I dunno...thats just me

-Red

K-80-123 said:

Walt

Walt,

Rent a Viper for a weekend or longer and see what you think. Hot Rod cars are not even close to trucks. Both are cool but very different.

FSTJACK'S RENTAL RULE

1. IF IT FLYS RENT IT!!!
2. IF IT FLOATS RENT IT!!!
3. IF IT FORNICATES RENT IT!!!

It all depends on how you will use the Viper. Will it be a daily driver or an occasional toy to terrorize the streets? If it'll be a driver, you should take a spin in a Viper first and make sure you're going to like riding in it for long periods of time. They are not made for comfort on long trips or cruising. I was shopping for a Viper when I bought my truck. After sitting in one I knew I wouldn't want to sit it it for long periods of time. The SRT Track Experience comfirmed my suspicions. As much fun as it was to drive, it beats you up and wears you out and it get's real hot inside. If I could afford it would I have a Viper as an occasional street terror? Absolutely! But, the truck is a much better ride for frequent daily use, IMHO.

RedSrt007 said:
I don't think its a good buy personally. Your giving John 75k PLUS your truck 120k = 200k (45msrp + venom kit) which you gave him 75-80k already for the Twin Turbo kit ????, and in return, he's giving you a used 2005 Viper, with a Twin Turbo kit....

So lets just say Both twin turbo kits wash each other out...(you know the old rule 1-1=0). That means, your geting a used 2005 Viper for 75k and your trade in!

I dunno...thats just me

-Red

I have 105K in the truck.....I agree on the wash for the TT kit....Jack has a good idea but where to rent one in Tulsa????.....just don't know??

Walt

My two cents...

So you have your truck and $75k burning a hole in your wallet????

Keep the truck
I think someone on the forum has a pristine 95 Viper for sale at about $35k....buy that....
Take $10k and buy something nice and unexpected for the wife....
Use the remaining $30k for upgrades on the truck and/or Viper

:D

Big Asp said:
It all depends on how you will use the Viper. Will it be a daily driver or an occasional toy to terrorize the streets? If it'll be a driver, you should take a spin in a Viper first and make sure you're going to like riding in it for long periods of time. They are not made for comfort on long trips or cruising. I was shopping for a Viper when I bought my truck. After sitting in one I knew I wouldn't want to sit it it for long periods of time. The SRT Track Experience comfirmed my suspicions. As much fun as it was to drive, it beats you up and wears you out and it get's real hot inside. If I could afford it would I have a Viper as an occasional street terror? Absolutely! But, the truck is a much better ride for frequent daily use, IMHO.

No daily driver just weekends maybe a few runs to OKC...:)

Big Perm said:
My two cents...

Keep the truck
I think someone on the forum has a pristine 95 Viper for sale at about $35k....buy that....

Now that sounds like a great idea. Best one so far I think. I would love to have both, but being as I don't roll like that (no way I can afford it, barely afford my truck) I'll have to happy with my truck. Now the son did say he would buy me a Viper when he gets rich, but when I bought my truck he said he's off the hook. I call B-sh*t.

Whatever you do, I hope your happy with it.

Stretch

NO DEAL! just buy my viper and have a viper and a viper truck.

Big Perm said:
My two cents...

Keep the truck

I'm going to have to agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY on this one!

and its closer to 40K but we can make a deal.

Here is the car.....still not sure.....this thing looks good....But?????
2005viper-3.jpg

2005-viper-6.jpg

2005viper-5.jpg

2005viper-4.jpg

2005viper-2.jpg

2005Viper-1.jpg

I agree too. Keep that truck and just go buy a nice viper. You can always mod it out at a later point in time. There are some great deals around the country for new, or one/two year old vipers right now.

After some serious consideration I am not going to do the deal.....and down the road may get a Viper from John.....all the guys going to Houston next month we can look over some of his rides in the shop and you guys can give me some ideas....:):)

Thanks for all the input on this.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back