Ok, Heres a Hypothetical Question..

Riff62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about the intake on my truck. There are some people (who are much, much more knowledgable than I) that have said that one of the problems with the truck is the intake and throttle body. I started thinking about some of the issues involved with designing a new and improved intake. I know airflow, and not starving cylinders is key here. I came up with a few questions which I would like opinions on:

Do you think its possible to design a different intake that would be a direct replacement, flows air better, and offer some performance increase, and cost considerably less than what someone like Hogan, or others charge? Or is the R+D work too much?

Also, Why couldnt I replace my intake/throttle body with a carb, or dual carb set up? Would it be possible assuming you could build an intake? or more to the point, why did Dodge got with an FI setup over something else? (Would you need a 12 pack setup to flow enough air?)
I must admit I dont know jack about this stuff. I just start thinking about it and these questions come up. I have more but will start with these 2.

Honestly the only thing I would see as worthwhile to improving the intake design of the viper motor would be design a complete individual throttle body setup...

lol..
Just wondering if its possible..Would it not be cool to see a blower with 2 4bbls sticking out of the hood?..or better yet, 3x4s?..lol..why not 10 individual turbos?..I remember a pic floating around with a 57 Chevy that had that setup..Dont know if it was real, but looked cool as hell..lol

With the first line of your sig being what it is.......... The 10 turbo concept may be a bit remote. Might be something that someone with Hennessey's standard of living might have.....

I'm also willing to bet that if you put a coupl'a Holley double pumpers on there, you'd need 2 or 3 more gas tanks just to take getch'a to the liquor store for a pack'a Camels.

Delete cats first................. Good luck in the adventure.

D

D, I obviously need to do some other things, as you so eloquently pointed out. This thread isnt about me wanting to change my intake, etc. Its merely about the possibilities. I guess I wasnt clear when I titled this "Hypothetical".
I will get around to modding my truck someday. I have alot of ideas for different things that could be done to it, as we all do. I dont know the feasibilty of some of them, hence the question. I should warn you, there will be more..lol

Riff62 said:
D, I obviously need to do some other things, as you so eloquently pointed out. This thread isnt about me wanting to change my intake, etc. Its merely about the possibilities. I guess I wasnt clear when I titled this "Hypothetical".
I will get around to modding my truck someday. I have alot of ideas for different things that could be done to it, as we all do. I dont know the feasibilty of some of them, hence the question. I should warn you, there will be more..lol

Gotcha, my friend.......

In that hypothetical sense, I'd guess almost anything's feasible...;)

D

I suppose thats true. If you throw enough money at a project, someone out there will come up with something for you..

Get a GEN II Viper car intake manifold.................

Worth about 20-30 HP on a stock GEN III motor.

geniii3.jpg

FSTJACK said:
Get a GEN II Viper car intake manifold.................

Worth about 20-30 HP on a stock GEN III motor.

What's it worth on my system, Jack.... (with Paxton)....?

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back