OK i gotta do it only because

Blaine@PSI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to tell you guys this only because the race was started by the other guy. setting the scene, it is about 10:00 p.m. and I am on my way home from the local 1/4 mile track (HRP). No i didn't run my truck because I know what it runs and I didn't want to beat on it. Anyway so i am leaving the track and as I roll by the gas station on the way out low and behold a nice black SVT Lightning sat talking to his buddy. As I drove by they immediately turned and watched and the driver of the "L" got really excited and gave chase. Now I am not one to brag about beating Lightnings because I had one and still like them. Therefore I know thier weakness and thats anything above 35mph roll races. Now the SRT-10 ont he other hand loves roll racing from wher ever. Thats the beauty of having a 6spd. Now we roll thru a light and on the other side of the intersection (rolling around 35mph mind you) and I hear the infamous sound of an automatic dropping gears and the scream that little deaf children could hear billowing from the mountain supercharger on top of a 5.4 OHC motor. But I was ready and had 1st gear in the selection box and jumped on the throttle as soon as I heard the first hint of the auto "L". Bam we are off and I am on my way to pulling the first of many lengths on the almighty "L". Here we are going at it and the V10 tells me it time for 2nd to be selected, so with out any further hesitation i grip the shifter firmly and pulled back with a forceful but yet smooth engagement with out ever lifting the loud pedal up to breath. Both rear tires start to haze over and the rear of the truck moves slightly over to the right still pulling like a freight train I string out 2 more lengths in second. I look down at the tach as I am rapidly approaching 6K rpm and the time comes for 3rd. And again I palm the shifter and aim for the dash and send 3rd gear home with a healthy bark from the tires 3rd gear is now steam rolling the 22" wheels and I am pulling multiple cars on the ol' "L". I let off as 3rd gear tapped the rev limiter briefly and started coasting down. I gave a peak into my rear view mirror as to what the damage was to the "L" which I would gesstimate around 5-6 cars lengths on the Lightning. I rubb the goat on the head in the center of the steering wheel and say "that'll do goat, that'll do". Then in the most ricer fashion the Lightning attempts to do a ricer flyby but with the 6 spd I dropped 1 gear and headed back to 3rd only to slow his pull and reeling him back in. so one more time it was a good night of racing on the way home and I went home with a kill.

:rock: :rock: :burnout:

Attachments

• fadsfds.jpg
    fadsfds.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 92
Nice story Freak!!! You must still have the stock gears in your truck......I could never drop it into first at 35 mph......my tires would go up in smoke big time!! Good job beaten up on the Fords!!! LOL

patrick

Wildman

Really nice kill. It's always better when they are the ones who want to race. It makes the kill a little more meaningful.

Wade

Nice Kill. I did that to a Powerstroke just today. He thought he had something. I'm sorry, you loose, better luck next time, bye bye.:D

Great story - you have a way with words.
You could write romance novels :p

thanks so much guys, I have another kill to post about but i will wait until the morning to divulge this onto you guys. Its a good containg the V10 and a certain 6.0 GTO that just did have enough at 80+ mph.

Damn Blaine......wish I would have been around to "play". I have the "10" for the weekend and would of loved meet up.....:burnout: ......sorry Zollie....you know I would of asked first......:eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back