OK, need opinions please

Yankee

Reaction score
OK folks, I've come across a near-mint 06 Inferno Red SRT10 RC with about 10,900 miles - from what I can tell it's in pretty much creampuff condition with no mods (just the way I like it). I've tried posting pics but the dealer's website doesn't allow it - just picture a near new one and you've got the picture.

It has just about every option except the navigation system, it was a 1-owner truck that got traded in on a new Challenger, plus it's Dodge certified.

The dealer quoted me $25,995... think it's a fair deal? Should I try to get him down even more? They've had the truck for about a month now and I'd think they'd be pretty anxious to move it. He says they've got a couple of prospects on it already (which they always say)... but what do you good folks think?

$25,995 is a solid price for an 06. Esp if its in the condition your saying it is. Never settle at a dealer though. I would tell them you want it for $23,000 out the door including tax,title, and tags. Dealers need us, we dont need them!

good luck!

Yankee said:
OK folks, I've come across a near-mint 06 Inferno Red SRT10 RC with about 10,900 miles - from what I can tell it's in pretty much creampuff condition with no mods (just the way I like it). I've tried posting pics but the dealer's website doesn't allow it - just picture a near new one and you've got the picture.

It has just about every option except the navigation system, it was a 1-owner truck that got traded in on a new Challenger, plus it's Dodge certified.

The dealer quoted me $25,995... think it's a fair deal? Should I try to get him down even more? They've had the truck for about a month now and I'd think they'd be pretty anxious to move it. He says they've got a couple of prospects on it already (which they always say)... but what do you good folks think?

I would offer $23.995. Are you going with your own financing? A cash offer makes it easier to get the deal. If you really want it offer $24,995 out the door.

Sounds like a good price, but the market on these things is so soft right now, you can probably get them to drop a couple more grand off it. Probably gave the guy less than 20k on a trade.

It sounds good, but I work at a dealer here in DFW, and I bought mine in June, I tried workin the price and only got it down to 27.5k, and Im an employee. It only had 6451k on it, but I had to have it!!!

there is a black QC down the street from me...less than 11k miles..$24,995, had him down to $22,995..an '06 should be worth a little more...but personally dont like the headlights or interior on them

I'd have my own financing arranged - it's alot easier to dicker that way. ;)

I was thinking around 23 and some change also. The original price was $27,995 so he's already come down a couple thou... guess I'll just have to see how badly they want to get rid of it.

It's got everything I'd want in an SRT10 - right color, right year - would have liked the nav system, but don't really need it, so it's not a deal-breaker.

One bad thing is, the dealer is in Texas and I'm in Louisiana, so they won't be able to throw TT&L in with the deal since I'll be registering it in another state - or can they? :dontknow:

Yankee said:

Sounds like a great deal!. Probably worth even more, to most of us, around this forum. It is difficult to shop a used truck since there are never two used trucks exactly the same. Would it kill you, if you paid 500 or 1000 dollars more than what you had in mind?, but, in the end, got something you really wanted? Only you can decide wether or not this deal is for you. Good luck and happy hunting!:)

what dealer ship is it at.. not tring to flame anybody but if it's at dallas dodge watch out.. they are crooked.. they sold me my 05 RC 1 owner yadya mint condtion they didn't mention it'd had 3 diffrent motors in it

plus there are alot of guys in the texas area like my self could gop get some in detail pictures and what not

Good points joemags, but since this truck will be a toy and not a daily driver... actually it WOULD kill me to pay $500-1000 more than I planned to. Sure this truck is a sweet deal, but I figure if I can't get them down to what I'm willing to pay, I'm walking away from it and going on to the next prospect - just that simple. If it takes me a year or so to find what I really want at the price I want, so be it - I'm not in any particular hurry. ;)

The truck is at Mac Haik Dodge in Temple (I think it's Temple) - so far they seem like pretty straight shooters. Tooloe, I haven't heard many good things about Dallas Dodge either - I actually had one dealer from there quote me "only" a $10K markup on an 08 Challenger... don't think so!

Thanks for all the replies - keep em coming! :rock:

Yankee said:
Good points joemags, but since this truck will be a toy and not a daily driver... actually it WOULD kill me to pay $500-1000 more than I planned to. Sure this truck is a sweet deal, but I figure if I can't get them down to what I'm willing to pay, I'm walking away from it and going on to the next prospect - just that simple. If it takes me a year or so to find what I really want at the price I want, so be it - I'm not in any particular hurry. ;)

The truck is at Mac Haik Dodge in Temple (I think it's Temple) - so far they seem like pretty straight shooters. Tooloe, I haven't heard many good things about Dallas Dodge either - I actually had one dealer from there quote me "only" a $10K markup on an 08 Challenger... don't think so!

I buy toys too. If it's something I want, It's time to step up and buy it. My toy has 3,600 original miles, is bone stock, garage kept, and pampered big time, (it still smells new). I paid 43k new and still feel I got a great deal, no regrets whatsoever. Again, only you can determine what you are willing to spend, if another nickel will kill you, maybe this truck is not for you. There are cheaper ones out there. Good luck with your search:) I hope there is a motivated seller when you are ready to buy!

Last edited:
Stinker said:
ya'll guys got to remember too , its inferno red, they bring a touch more than silver or black ;)
You probably won't see one on every corner (inferno red), maybe you should look at a Ford Lightning? ;)

That deal IMO is great. Make sure you do your research on past history and don't trust everything a carfax report may offer. If you can try and contact the original owner, if you can it might save some headaches down the road. The dealer may come down more -- tough market for gas guzzlers and diesels.

Yankee said:

PM arrestmered04... he lives just down the road, and I'm sure he'd be willing to check it out for you. Sounds like a good deal

I bet you can find a better deal. Just depends how bad you want it and how hard you're willing to hunt for one. These trucks are not selling. If you make an offer, especially to a private seller, they are likely to take it since it will probably be the only offer they have had. This dealer has not had it long. If they don't sell it for under 25k they will have it for a looooooong time.

GET HER!!!!!!!!!!!
you will kick yourself if ya don't
from stock to Stinker they are awesome boner inspirin machines.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
especially the RED ones

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back