Opening up a Group Buy from the VCA site on SCT's

Roe Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have two days left on these if anyone wants in.
I believe Marty's on here is over now, so it should be ok for me to post this link.
$500 with three tunes and our usual customer support.

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...group-buy-sct-handheld-flash-programmers.html

Here's the nitty gritty from page three:

The Group Buy is on!

Between those who posted here and the ones who emailed that didn’t want their names posted, we have 24 people on. We should be able to place a large enough order to get the price down to $500.

What I’ve done so far is print everyone’s email and the list posted here.

What we need to do now is have everyone actually place their orders, giving us the specific modifications done to their cars (if any). We’ll take that information and create three tunes specifically for your car running 91, 93 and 94+ octane gas.

All the normal functions we change, such as turning the fan on at earlier low and high speed, turning off the skip shift, turning off the downstream cats, etc will be done as well. The box will save your original stock program and you’ll be able to go back to it at any time if needed for emissions testing or a dealer service.

We’ll take the orders this week, until the end of the day, Friday the 25th. To get the Group Buy price, you have to say you’re purchasing on the Viper Club Group Buy and let the person know your screen name (if you put yours on the list in this thread). If you don’t say you’re ordering on the Viper Club Group Buy, you won’t get the $99 discount.

We will place the stock order with SCT and begin shipping as soon as the boxes arrive (probably Wednesday).

Here are the ways to order:

- Fax (904) 529-1215. Write everything down about your car, your shipping and billing address, payment type (I assume everyone will use credit cards, so we’ll need all the info including the verification code on the back), provide your contact telephone number and desired shipping method. We’ve been using US Priority Mail lately and it’s working out quite well (2-3 day service).

- Telephone (904) 529-1219. When you get into our phone system, dial extension 1 or 2, followed by the # key. The phones are on from 8:30 am until 5:30 pm EST.

- Email [email protected] . This is the least secure for your credit card information and I don’t really suggest it unless you don’t have access to a fax or can’t call during our regular hours.

I think that just about covers it. If anyone else has any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Sean

PS, we have 35 boxes here ready to program. You only get billed when the item is shipped, not before.

Last edited:
People who did not get in on the deal with KRC, this is the place for you. Every deal I have ever seen with Sean has been golden... His customer service is top self and he tends to get it right the first time. I am working on a getting a tune from Sean to add to the tunes I got from Marty (I will replace my valet tune with the Roe tune).

If you are waiting now is the time to buy!

jtsdad13 said:
count me in. pm sent and calling today

I see you convinced the wife that the tuner would change your lives for the better..;) ....You are buying from one of the best vendors on this forum...Sean has a reputation for being the best of the best in customer service..:rock:

enjoyed meeting you last night at the track....bring that truck and run it the next time....maybe that idiot drinking the "energy drink" wont be there...:stupid:

i already called dave at roes and made the purchase. do u need a pm too for a list of some sort. if so add me if u catch this.

yeah after some careful word choice and nagging on my part. I heard this "if it will make you happy and stop talking about it, just get it". so I called first thing this morning and ordered the sct and 170 tstat. thanks for your advice and filling me in on the better of the 2 local service dept. and by the way your truck in f-ing beautiful.

SGTFRY said:
I want one, but wont be home from Iraq till July,,, Any way we can swing it????

:dito: I won't be back home until May 10th. I want in on this though. What can be done Roe?.

Last edited:
Sean,

this still open? I'm in on the GB with KRC but after waiting for 7 weeks I'm about ready to jump ship.

--wes

We shipped out the Group Buy orders (all but five) on Friday by US Priority Mail. The rest had parts going with them, or came in at the end of the day after we ran everything and are shipping today.
Since I didn't post this until the last two days of the sale here, I'll extend it until Thursday. We have a couple boxes left on this purchase and it's fine with me if they go out at the discounted price. Better than sitting on the shelf and I still have time to pay for them within terms anyway.

To answer the question about the WM injection, to make it work, I had to create a new way to control and run the WM. In one of the SCT program slots, we put a program with increased timing advance. This program can work with regular gas and W/M injection (to increase the octane) or Race Gas of 100+ octane. So far, I've only set it up for the forced induction applications (so it's boost activated and load scaled), but I plan to make a naturally apsirated controller too. I'm making one today for an SC guy and it's $45 for the new controller.

If anyone is going to get in on the order still, you have time. Fax is the best way to place an order as it gets us all the information securely and correct. Email works too, just split your card info up.

Regards,
Sean

Last edited:
Talk about customer service. I ordered on friday, got pm today from sean letting me know it shipped, and got a call from the wife letting me know it arrived. I am off 3 of the next 4 days. so after the tstat install the fun will really begin.

jtsdad13 said:
Talk about customer service. I ordered on friday, got pm today from sean letting me know it shipped, and got a call from the wife letting me know it arrived. I am off 3 of the next 4 days. so after the tstat install the fun will really begin.

Bring that bad boy by my office and show me how she runs after you install ..:elefant:

Roe Racing said:
To answer the question about the WM injection, to make it work, I had to create a new way to control and run the WM. In one of the SCT program slots, we put a program with increased timing advance. This program can work with regular gas and W/M injection (to increase the octane) or Race Gas of 100+ octane. So far, I've only set it up for the forced induction applications (so it's boost activated and load scaled), but I plan to make a naturally apsirated controller too. I'm making one today for an SC guy and it's $45 for the new controller.

Regards,
Sean
i get that you have a timing tune to work with the sct, but what actually triggers the water meth to spray ? with vec, wasn't there a physical connection ? now with the sct, how do you plan to do that ? :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back