Opinions on this Viper

VIPER D.N.A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully some of the "Big Build" guys can chime in

So I'm considering this beast due to the fact that I love the color combo and that it's a real 99 ACR.

My concern is on the TT build...I've never heard of the Builder but did notice it's been tuned by PBJ (which I've heard is a good thing)

What concerns should I have getting into a beast like this? Mind you I don't live anywhere near a decent performance shop/tuner But I don't really have plans on running it to hard either, just a nice Sunday Cruiser that I can get on a lil from time to time.

Any thoughts? How's the price look for the type of build it is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vipe....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

CPE has been doing TT setups for a few years, check the Viper boards (Alley and VCA) for some people's experience with them.

Price - those cars are going for about mid to high 30's stock right now, so you are paying about 15-20k for the mods.

My thoughts - that is too much car for a Sunday driver, unless you think you need that much power. Those cars have problems hooking up, especially on street tires when you get on the boost.

I like the color combo as well, but I am a little biased... :D

that car has been for sale on the Alley for awhile now.

I think the username is "Alternative"

car is legit and worth the $55k he wants...if I were buying one now this would be it.

FWIW...it is not enough power, my 5# roe car felt extremely slllooowwww and that was putting down about 580rwhp.
i wouldnt run it over 800rwhp to much...i beleive its a stock engine

looks like my car. ive talk to this guy he actully help me out with a part i needed for mine. the car is worth the money. and hes a stright shooter

So what's the difference between this and the $100,000 + builds I've seen. I know it's a stock engine(forged) and not a stroker but is all that $$$ really worth what this one doesn't have? :confused: :confused:

Oh ya there is no way I would dream of using all that power where I live (no track):( But it is a nice WOW factor and makes it unique.

What is a stock 99 ACR similar miles going for? I can find GTS's for a decent deal but not many ACRs (especially 99's).

BurntRubber said:
that car has been for sale on the Alley for awhile now.

I think the username is "Alternative"

car is legit and worth the $55k he wants...if I were buying one now this would be it.

FWIW...it is not enough power, my 5# roe car felt extremely slllooowwww and that was putting down about 580rwhp.
i wouldnt run it over 800rwhp to much...i beleive its a stock engine
What else would you do to this engine to run max boost? even with stock forged internals, to run the 1000 plus horse power, what is the strongest engine build for the money?

VIPER D.N.A said:
So what's the difference between this and the $100,000 + builds I've seen. I know it's a stock engine(forged) and not a stroker but is all that $$$ really worth what this one doesn't have? :confused: :confused:

Oh ya there is no way I would dream of using all that power where I live (no track):( But it is a nice WOW factor and makes it unique.

What is a stock 99 ACR similar miles going for? I can find GTS's for a decent deal but not many ACRs (especially 99's).
for one its a 99;) two, you never get out as much as you put in;)

Stinker said:
for one its a 99;) two, you never get out as much as you put in;)

Very true! Maybe for once I oughta let someone else lose paying up front and I can enjoy the discount! As long as it doesn't appear to be abused.

Burnt, do you know if the guy ran it hard? from what he says the Turbos haven't been on very long but you never know...

Sounds like its been built well by his spec sheet! He is bein very honest showing all the nics and scuffs! You sure wouldn't come close to that price if you were to build one up from stock!! Get it in your garage!;)

andrew heywood said:
What else would you do to this engine to run max boost? even with stock forged internals, to run the 1000 plus horse power, what is the strongest engine build for the money?

those turbos can put down easily 1500rwhp...

your going to need a bottom end, better crank, rods and pistons to start...and $15k

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back