Opinions please!!

Luke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 srt-10 black regular cab and a 2006 regular cab night runner.... I have a problem... I never use my srt-10.... It just sits there I was wondering what I should do. I love the truck its been my dream truck since they came out but Ive been using my daily driver truck and i like just having one car. This is where you guys come in.

Do I just keep both trucks and drive the srt-10 whenever like i have been. (Have only put 400 miles on it since i bought it 2 years ago....)

Sell the srt-10.....

Or sell both trucks and get a car to drive like a challenger srt-8 or gt500?

I dont know what to do and need your opinions!!

Um.... Im only 21.... Lost my job that I used to get the two trucks.... I need to do an even swap.... Or maybe even come out ahead?????

Are either one of the trucks paid off? And are you in a situation where you need the money? If you don't need the Money I would just keep what you had till you find another job

Both are paid off... I live at home which is why I was able to have a job not pay rent and save my money n just buy both trucks. I had a rumble bee that I traded for the srt-10 and the night runner came shortly after because i had a beater so i didnt have to drive the srt-10 everywhere.

Im going to school for years at this point.... Not gonna find a job that paid like that for a long time..... Im lucky to have what I have...

I dont know... which is why im asking you guys!! Your dodge guys you should know!

Yeah.... what kind of grandma car? r u hittin grandmas now?? I did a few young ones they rock!! lmao

I'd trade both in and get something that is even swap or come out ahead but is still fun to drive. Honestly a new 5.0GT Mustang is fun as hell to drive and not terrible on gas, same for a R/T Charger or Challenger or an SRT-8 if you can swing it, but I doubt you are going to get even swap or come out ahead on another SRT vehicle unless it's a couple years old or so.

I agree. I doubt I can swing a 392 hemi challenger :( but im going to try just for the hell of it. My night runner is all blacked out im sure ill get a decent number on that and my srt-10 is clean! I found a few on the internet with less then 5k miles with the 6.1!!! If i pursue this im going to go look at them! I just cant decide if i go with this option to have auto or stick for daily driving. Hmmmmm.....

Its going to be very hard to let my SRT-10 go i remember when they were brand new on the lot and my dad was going to buy one and I was going to get my rumble bee!! But a 6.1 v8 is just as good maybe even faster then my srt-10?

Man keep the 10, you'll kick yourself so hard for lettin it go. And in a few years the value will apriccuate.

Keep the 10 and sell the other one. With the money buy yourself a smal car with better mpg (SRT 4...)
The 10 might keep his value over the years to come. The other truck won't.
Since the truck is paid it won't cost you a lot to keep it in the garage.

I agree. I doubt I can swing a 392 hemi challenger :( but im going to try just for the hell of it. My night runner is all blacked out im sure ill get a decent number on that and my srt-10 is clean! I found a few on the internet with less then 5k miles with the 6.1!!! If i pursue this im going to go look at them! I just cant decide if i go with this option to have auto or stick for daily driving. Hmmmmm.....

Its going to be very hard to let my SRT-10 go i remember when they were brand new on the lot and my dad was going to buy one and I was going to get my rumble bee!! But a 6.1 v8 is just as good maybe even faster then my srt-10?

I've spanked my fair share of 6.1s with my srt10, I think you will be disappointed with a 6.1. If you can swing the 392 go that route.

I know.... I dont want to get rid of a car that might be special later it is now but esp later. My dads dad went to dealer and was gonna get him a superbird but my dad said hed rather have a coronet.... my dad said if he got the superbird he would of had a gold mine....

It doesnt cost me anything if i jus take it off insurance and let it sit in the garage.... I have some serious thinking to do.... UGH!

When i drove the 6.1 at a dealer i tried to do this before but backed out... I told the salesmen i said the 6.1 isnt what i thought it would be... what the hell.. he said its super fast.. I said no that truck out there will snap your head off lemme go show you.... All the managers went out to lookat my truck they had the hood open and everything.... idk im really stressed now... i dont want to regret something for the rest of my life and these trucks are kinda like that they are so rare and special... N the challenger is kind of just a car... im not pressed to get out of a payment or anything.... idk.....

I sold my first 10 in 2007 and regretted every day for 5 years until I picked up the new one. From my personal experience I say keep it.

Sold mine in 06, and it took me 6 years to get another one. I dont think i'll ever let this one go!:rock:

Yes definitely not letting this one go, at least not any time soon!!

+1 for keeping the '10. The 6.1's don't have anything over the '10 for power. I don't have any personal experience with the 6.4's. I also can't even begin to tell you how happy I have been being out of a car (SRT8) and into a truck (my '10). The extra ground clearance, larger tires, extra headroom, and gigantic truck, make it a much better daily driver. My truck also gets the same or better millage as my SRT8, my wife's Hemi Aspen, or most any other V8 powered vehicle I have had (low teens in town, high teens on the highway).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back