OVERHAULED TRANSMISSION

fast fred

Supporting Member
Reaction score
WELL I GOT MY TRUCK BACK TODAY IT ONLT TOOK THEM 16DAYS......the tec that did the work kenneth martin lic#3401 said he made sure the bans where tight...heres what he replaced....1ea-5093524ab seal pkg-transmission....1ea-52118506ac converter....1ea-5285425311 band.....5ea-52118812aa plate-clutch separator.....5ea-4617201ab disc-direct clutch....1ea-4617567 plate-transmission clutch.....1ea-3410570 ring.....3ea-52118812aa plate-clutch separator.....4ea-52854030aa disc.....1ea-2466803 plate-clutch pressure.....1ea-4617567 plate-transmission clutch.....5ea-4461047 plate-o/drive clutch reac.....5ea-4461181 disc-overdrive clutch.....1ea-52119650aa body-transfer plate....... how munch stuff is in a trans ??this sounds like moore than 70% of the trans witch they said had to be bad to get a new one? :dontknow:

its in kinda fancy language really all that is, is the converter and soft parts: clutches, steels gaskets and did a valvebody exchange. they left in all what is considered hard parts, planetary gears, drums, sprags, servos etc.. thats like 30-40% you have listed

westmintrans said:
its in kinda fancy language really all that is, is the converter and soft parts: clutches, steels gaskets and did a valvebody exchange. they left in all what is considered hard parts, planetary gears, drums, sprags, servos etc.. thats like 30-40% you have listed
thank you for the info i did not know whats in a tranny so what they did was miner??

mauiSRT/10 said:
How does it work?

patrick
it runs great i think it was slippin when i bought it ...my truck has never gone thru the gears like it does NOW!!!! i was driving in 3rd and hit it and it lad rubber in 2nd gear and it has never done that when it down shifted...lovein it:rock:

fast fred said:
it runs great i think it was slippin when i bought it ...my truck has never gone thru the gears like it does NOW!!!! i was driving in 3rd and hit it and it lad rubber in 2nd gear and it has never done that when it down shifted...lovein it:rock:

Yeah baby!!!!! Awesome!

patrick

fast fred said:
thank you for the info i did not know whats in a tranny so what they did was miner??

What they did was your basic rebuild. Mostly comparable to a stage/level 1 transmission to most companies, basically a stock transmission that is fresh. I wouldn't necessarily call it minor so much, what you actually got accoding to the law was a "rebuild" which consists of changing all shifting clutches, seals sealing rings and gaskets. An "overhaul" according to fed regulations is replacement of what is visually wrong. so actually they could have just pulled the transmission down changed the band problem and stuck it back in, but luckily they didn't.

westmintrans said:
What they did was your basic rebuild. Mostly comparable to a stage/level 1 transmission to most companies, basically a stock transmission that is fresh. I wouldn't necessarily call it minor so much, what you actually got accoding to the law was a "rebuild" which consists of changing all shifting clutches, seals sealing rings and gaskets. An "overhaul" according to fed regulations is replacement of what is visually wrong. so actually they could have just pulled the transmission down changed the band problem and stuck it back in, but luckily they didn't.
thank you for your input!! it sure shifts better than when it was new...i think from what i have reading the bands where not ajusted right from the get-go even the non-gas guys are saying the same as i have reading here...under turq. bans tend to slip( the biggest being the 2nd gear kit down band)

yea well my tranny is slipping.....after 13,xxxxmils and 10 mounths.....after rebuild .....only in 2nd gear for now, i called the dealer up and asked for a new tranny.......waiting to hear back from them now....seems like rebuilds are never the same, its only a band aid.....

i dont quite get it,what do u guys do to these trans,my qc is goin on 75k without any probs and didnt get a service until 71k.

i tow everything with this truck

My tranny has a weird shift to it at low acceleration. Almost feels like it goes 1st --> 3rd --> 2nd --> 3rd

Hope it's not a sign of future problems, but I expect it probably is.

they just called me back, the tech wants to look at it....droping it off on monday am.....

RoadRunner said:
My tranny has a weird shift to it at low acceleration. Almost feels like it goes 1st --> 3rd --> 2nd --> 3rd

thats whAT my truck did just befor it started to slip...it was always looking for the right gear to be in at low speeds.....and once in awhile it would slip on hard acceleration when it went from 1st to 2nd(almost at red line) but not every time...

RoadRunner said:

you just need a transducer and governor solenoid.

Last edited:
fast fred said:
WELL I GOT MY TRUCK BACK TODAY IT ONLT TOOK THEM 16DAYS......the tec that did the work kenneth martin lic#3401 said he made sure the bans where tight...heres what he replaced....1ea-5093524ab seal pkg-transmission....1ea-52118506ac converter....1ea-5285425311 band.....5ea-52118812aa plate-clutch separator.....5ea-4617201ab disc-direct clutch....1ea-4617567 plate-transmission clutch.....1ea-3410570 ring.....3ea-52118812aa plate-clutch separator.....4ea-52854030aa disc.....1ea-2466803 plate-clutch pressure.....1ea-4617567 plate-transmission clutch.....5ea-4461047 plate-o/drive clutch reac.....5ea-4461181 disc-overdrive clutch.....1ea-52119650aa body-transfer plate....... how munch stuff is in a trans ??this sounds like moore than 70% of the trans witch they said had to be bad to get a new one? :dontknow:

So fred is this your third Tranny??

TheMoparConnection said:
you just need a transducer and governor solenoid.

mine used to shift Prematurely and I had the Viper tech check it out and he made sure the Throttle kickdown Linkage was adjusted properly. Right now My tranny is fine so far:rock:

Annu Kumar said:
So fred is this your third Tranny??
no this is my tranny that came with my truck it just has a rebuild on it...and the rebuild did not last very long.......

I had a rebuilt tranny and now it is going out again, what can I do? The dealership voided my warranty because of my mods? Can anyone HELP me with this, I am willing to drive the truck anywhere to get a rebuilt tranny under warranty.

sgt_bo said:
I had a rebuilt tranny and now it is going out again, what can I do? The dealership voided my warranty because of my mods? Can anyone HELP me with this, I am willing to drive the truck anywhere to get a rebuilt tranny under warranty.
Can't help you with the transmission problem, but I am curious as to which mods voided the warranty if you do not mind letting us know.:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back