Paul Newman - Dead at 83

RIP Paul

You will be missed

WOW, I first recognized Paul back in 1981 in his (then) new movie "Fort Apache: The Bronx" where he plays a New York cop stuck between a rock and a hard place. As a 9 year old kid I loved that movie because I was living in the Bronx. It's hard to believe that he was 56 at the time. Then he came out with his zany salad dressings and I was hooked. I swear by his Marinara sauce as it's the only bottled pasta sauce I use (if I'm not making my own).....

R.I.P. Mr. Newman. :( You will be missed.

RIP Paul Newman. You brought us a lot of joy through the years in the roles you played, and some great years of racing with Newman-Haas and the Andrettis.

Here are some quotes from Mr. Newman.

“You can't be as old as I am without waking up with a surprised look on your face every morning: 'Holy Christ, whaddya know - I'm still around!' It's absolutely amazing that I survived all the booze and smoking and the cars and the career.”

“I picture my epitaph: "Here lies Paul Newman, who died a failure because his eyes turned brown".”

“Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.”

“If you don't have enemies, you don't have character.”

“Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.”

“Newman's second law: Just when things look darkest, they go black.”

“Who's to say who's an expert?”

Use to race Datsun Z cars. He was one cool guy. RIP Paul.:(
DocHudson.jpg

Last edited:
He was a great actor.Never saw him give a bad performance.One of my favs was the washed up/alcoholic lawyer in The Verdict and of course Cool Hand Luke

RIP

Cool Hand Luke is my favorite movie of all time. I have watched it close to 20 times.

RIP

Brandon

RIP Paul...

You will be missed.

Some great quotes there Bob, thanks for sharing those.

what was the one where he played pool against jackie gleason (minnesota fats) ? was it "the hustler" or something like that? and dont forget "bullitt"...

davo19 said:
what was the one where he played pool against jackie gleason (minnesota fats) ? was it "the hustler" or something like that? and dont forget "bullitt"...
Oh...yeah....Steve McQueen was great in Bullit.:D

But you are correct about "The Hustler" with Jackie Gleason.

rip paul

He was a natrual born world shaker. champion hog gutter, I can ate 50 egg. its always a bummer when we lose one of the greats.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back