Paxton Belt - Help

VIPER HP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to change my Paxton belt after 18000 miles and the Gates I puchased a year ago is 8 rib not 7 based on a part number from someone on this site. I did a search and now see the confusion. So, does anyone know FOR SURE if there is a Gates or Goodyear number without going to Paxton?

Dude, you have to go to paxton as far as I know. They are the only ones with the 8 rib. I have ordered one and I remember ordering straight from Paxton. It was like $70 or so if I remember correctly.

if ya in a pinch......

if the lenght is right, i have had to take the outside rib off to get a truck back on the road a couple of times.

just used a sharp box knife & a hard smooth surface & did not seem to affect the life of the belt

DevilDawg3097 said:
if its a 7 rib call napa they sould be able to match up something

Nope, they can come close 2" either way but not close enough. Going to have to go through Paxton.

I had to do the same thing with my Procharger setup. Since I went with the bigger head unit and had to change pulley sizes standard 7 rib wouldn't fit. Got an 8 and cut off one rib. Worked perfectly.

pokeytemplar said:
I had to do the same thing with my Procharger setup. Since I went with the bigger head unit and had to change pulley sizes standard 7 rib wouldn't fit. Got an 8 and cut off one rib. Worked perfectly.
thats what we have been doing, it will be fine as pokey says:)

Stinker said:
thats what we have been doing, it will be fine as pokey says:)
I have an old time auto parts store near me, that when my 96 Ram with a paxton nedded a belt, I just took the old one in and her found one just like it.

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back