Paxton blow off air relocated

silversrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to vent the blow off air to an area down by the air dam.I heard about this from a fellow forum member that dosent post very much.I think its a great idea to keep the hot air out of the engine ,being that the Paxton has a heat soak issue as it is.Heres a pic. Well what do ya think? :D

Attachments

• Picture or Video 373.JPG
    Picture or Video 373.JPG
    426.7 KB · Views: 94
If you run DC Performances' blower inlet system it directs the fresh air directly from the front of the truck into the back of the supercharger...helping keep the airmass cooler into the engine.

I guess I'm not sure how re-routing the blow off air helps keep the engine cooler since its outgoing vs incoming.

what does the air filter serve a purpose for?? i mean doesent air only come out and not go back in?

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
If you run DC Performances' blower inlet system it directs the fresh air directly from the front of the truck into the back of the supercharger...helping keep the airmass cooler into the engine.

I guess I'm not sure how re-routing the blow off air helps keep the engine cooler since its outgoing vs incoming.

Thats true about DCs air inlet, but outgoing air is compressed under boost and anytime you compress air it gets hot.So the extra hot compressed air that is blown off is better away from the engine, plus less in cab noise when it "blows"....:D

Also I had a bad pcv valve that sprayed oil all over the engine.So in case it ever fails and sprays oil , it wont go over the engine.I say an added bonus.:D

Looks like a great mod, SilverSRT!

And unless you like contaminants blowing all over your undercarriage, LEAVE THE FILTER ON! It is high flow, and won't hurt anything. It only helps.

Well done!

Hey you've got a nice hose.
Don"t take it the wrong way, maybe mine is longer.
I'm the person that Silver is refering to that suggested this.
The compressed hot air is clean when exiting, but a filter is just a good idea even if you POINT it down.
To Dave, You can't her the air (excess boost) exit when you let off after 5 to 6 thousand RPM??? It sounds alittle like a space ship landing. It's cool but alittle much sometimes for us old guys in the OC. I can't believe you can't hear it.

VIPER HP

VIPER HP said:
Hey you've got a nice hose.
Don"t take it the wrong way, maybe mine is longer.
I'm the person that Silver is refering to that suggested this.
The compressed hot air is clean when exiting, but a filter is just a good idea even if you POINT it down.
To Dave, You can't her the air (excess boost) exit when you let off after 5 to 6 thousand RPM??? It sounds alittle like a space ship landing. It's cool but alittle much sometimes for us old guys in the OC. I can't believe you can't hear it.

VIPER HP

I knew I could get you to post:D :idea: Thanks for the idea.I have been working out a few bugs in the system, but pleased with the added ponies.Thanks for the idea.I wish i had done it before the engine got sprayed with oil.:(

silversrt said:
I decided to vent the blow off air to an area down by the air dam.I heard about this from a fellow forum member that dosent post very much.I think its a great idea to keep the hot air out of the engine ,being that the Paxton has a heat soak issue as it is.Heres a pic. Well what do ya think? :D
dude, that valve doesnt suck air in-it blows it out, so there isnt a heat soak issue with it. the valve is to displace the boost when the throttle is shut down.

BOOMER said:
dude, that valve doesnt suck air in-it blows it out, so there isnt a heat soak issue with it. the valve is to displace the boost when the throttle is shut down.
......... yeah from WOT to NO-throttle, man what a sound in traffic :rock:
I blew that little air/cleaner off once...:dancing: Dan likes to keep one on there, he's affarid something will fall down-in-there.

Quick

BOOMER said:

I realize that.I stated that it blows air out.That is why I keep getting oil shooting out of it.I changed the pcv valve and oil is still shooting into the inlet tube.I called Micah at Paxton and he said you might have the fix.

In the meantime,He said to try to fix it by running the crancase gases to a breather and not in to the inlet tube. I try to call you but I can never get a hold of you.I guess your great experience is in demand.:rock:

BOOMER said:

As i read your post , i think you misunderstand me.I was saying that any hot compressed air that is blown off, is better out of the engine compartment.
There is a heat soak issue in stock form on the Paxton set-up.Isnt that why you have a kit to fix-it? :dontknow: Anyway,I could really use some help .:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back