Paxton guys help please

34bud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my belt because it threw it. Was driving it very sane and it blew off. Belt had less than 500 miles. I checked everything very closely and found nothing that was out of the norm. When I put the new belt on I bought a new tensioning pulley as well as a new Paxton plastic idler pulley.The one thing that does concern me is the belt is very hard to get on.It seems to be fine right now but I would rather not have another surprise. Any thoughts?

I used to get around 12,000 miles out of the belt on my Paxton. It is supposed to be very difficult to put on, keeps the belt from slipping. As far as it jumping off, look straight down on the pulley on the front of the supercharger. Make sure that it is not at an angle compared to any of the other pulleys. I had to add a couple of washers on one of the supercharger bolts to get mine perfectly lined up.

Something is mis-aligned. I got over 40k miles on my orginal belt with the blower, and I just finished installing a new one. Only thing I can tell you is pop open the hood start the truck and make sure that none of the pulleys are wobbling. My belt was a bitch to install that phucker is tight (its a 2 man job). Make sure that all of the ribs are sitting in the pulley groves and none hanging out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back