Paxton issue:Oil coming out my blow off valve

silversrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you Paxton guys are having oil come out of you blow off valve after a few miles of driving.I was thinking that perhaps the pcv valve that paxton instructs to put in and run to the Paxton inlet tube , might be stuck?:confused: :dontknow: Chime in if any of you guys know whats up.Thanks! Bill

make sure the PCV valve is in the line going from the valve cover to the fitting that is under the intake manifold. the PCV valve is there to prevent pressurizing the bottom end thru the intake port when its under boost. make sure its facing the right way, so that when you blow on it, (like its under boost) it locks up, and only allows the engine to suck thru it

BOOMER said:
make sure the PCV valve is in the line going from the valve cover to the fitting that is under the intake manifold. the PCV valve is there to prevent pressurizing the bottom end thru the intake port when its under boost. make sure its facing the right way, so that when you blow on it, (like its under boost) it locks up, and only allows the engine to suck thru it

yuppers...

I believe I have it (pcv) correct. Check the photos if you can and let me know if it looks correct.These are some of the mid-install pics.Perhaps i have it facing the wrong way?:dontknow: :confused: Thanks guys.

Attachments

• Picture or Video 302.JPG
    Picture or Video 302.JPG
    294.3 KB · Views: 750
  • Picture or Video 301.JPG
    Picture or Video 301.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 508
It doesnt matter (from what dan at DC) which way its facing...up or down is fine. Mine was facing down but wouldnt fit with DC's blower inlet system so I now have it facing up (air filter thingy). No problems that I know of after road racing it 120 miles or so.

This is regarding the blowoff valve.

As to "facing the right way" Dave T's response to Boomer has nothing to do with Boomers correct comment on the PCV valve. Dave is correct but that is not the issue.

VIPER HP said:
As to "facing the right way" Dave T's response to Boomer has nothing to do with Boomers correct comment on the PCV valve. Dave is correct but that is not the issue.

sorry 'bout that.

silversrt said:
I believe I have it (pcv) correct. Check the photos if you can and let me know if it looks correct.These are some of the mid-install pics.Perhaps i have it facing the wrong way?:dontknow: :confused: Thanks guys.

Your looking at the wrong part...that is a bypass valve/blow-off valve.

The part that (hopefully) needs to be installed correctly is on the driver-side valve cover, and goes to the intake manifold (underneath) towards the throttle body. That hose needs to have a 1-way valve aka 'check valve' installed for proper crankcase pressure.

-Red

RedSrt007 said:
Your looking at the wrong part...that is a bypass valve/blow-off valve.

The part that (hopefully) needs to be installed correctly is on the driver-side valve cover, and goes to the intake manifold (underneath) towards the throttle body. That hose needs to have a 1-way valve aka 'check valve' installed for proper crankcase pressure.

-Red

Patrick,
So the part you are refering to is not in plain sight, but under the intake inline between the valve cover and the inlet tube to the main Paxton unit?
I never looked I just hooked the coupler to the hose on the front and on the valve cover end , i put in the pcv valve on.Perhaps there is no check valve inline?:confused:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back