Paxton NOVI 2000 on the way!!

SrtDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this will be my first forced induction setup to play with, i bought the kit LighningRaper had for sale. I should receive the kit in the next few days and i am going to do the install my self then get it tuned correctly on the fat side. I just wanted to ask if there is anything i need to be aware of with this kit or any advice yall could give would be much appreciated!! :D

ya i am already starting a transmission and forged internal fund haha

lol good thinking. Like what was said before, keep the boost on the lower side of 8lbs and ensure a professional does the tuning.

ya im looking for about 6lbs for longevity purposes lol

I am running 6lbs and it's fun! Kit is easy to install. Tapping the oil pan is the only PITA. Thankfully the V3 system I just got for my M5 doesn't require it :)

Congrats, Def internals.

My friend has been flirting with death in his SRT, stock internals running 10-12 pounds at the track LOL Many passes, he must of got a strong engine.

But, Internals & a good tune.

I would not use the paxton fuel pumps or their controller. Do the dual in-tank setup like from Roe or Jmb and get a SCT tuned by someone good like Torrie. You might consider water/meth injection to help keep detonation away as well.

If possible I would upgrade the intercooler and heat exchanger. Basically anything you can do to lower temps everywhere will help your safety.

Where might I look to get better intercooler or heat exchanger? I wanna do this once and do it right!

Not to hijack this thread but with your list of mods Mighty1 what kind on #'s are you putting down? Thanks!

I would not use the paxton fuel pumps or their controller. Do the dual in-tank setup like from Roe or Jmb and get a SCT tuned by someone good like Torrie. You might consider water/meth injection to help keep detonation away as well.

If possible I would upgrade the intercooler and heat exchanger. Basically anything you can do to lower temps everywhere will help your safety.

222042_212126898812312_6882172_n.jpg

Heat exchangers AFCO heat exchangers

Part #80275NDP is the basis for the old X-metal one. Just need to get mounting tabs welded on. Some larger ones on that site as well if you have the room.

Intercooler cxracing.com: Liquid Water to Air Intercooler 18"x13"x4.5", 4.5" Core: 10"x9"x4.5", 3" Air Inlet & Outlet

That is the one I have now.

Another good site to check out is Air to Water Intercooler

BlackMamba50 I hopefully will finally be hitting the dyno before the end of the year if no more problems pop up. Hoping for around 700rwhp.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back