Paxton Novi without the Paxton boost-a-pumps inside!

mr. anderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I tinkered around and removed the Paxton fuel management system, this consisted of removing the 2 fuel boost-a-pumps and the paxton/vortec FMU, and the Split-Second FMC, and the associated power wiring, and vacuum tubing. It also required re-splicing the cam and crank position wiring to the computer.
I then installed the 170 degree t-stat, the 2 bar MAP sensor, and 69 lb/hr @ 55 PSI injectors. Loaded up the SCT and installed Torrie's Paxton baseline tune into the computer. I started up the truck, took a couple cranks since there was no fuel pressure initially and I had essentially started a new computered truck. It fired and ran fine, except that I have a skitzo fuel pressure gauge, it is currently jumping from 45-70PSI and anywhere inbetween randomly. I think the stock paxton fuel pumps pushing over 110 PSI may have had something to do with this( I think it has injured the pressure sending unit), it was a little irratic before but I just chalked it up to the excess pressure from the boost-a-pumps. Now without them inline it seems a little more skitzo, so I will be off tomorrow looking for a cheap mechanical fuel pressure gauge to verify the trucks fuel pump is still good. I'll run the truck for a few miles to let the computer learn again. Hopefully will be able to take it to the dyno by wednesday.

I love these mad scientist types......

I hope you have a froged bottom end.........

God bless........

D

505, gravity fed!:D:D:D just kidding, gonna run the stock fuel pump for now, I just want 650 RWHP, no more, and hopefully, once it tuned no less if it is 600+ RWHP, I'm fine with that also. That should keep the block together until I forge the bottom end in a couple years.

I am honestly happy with a mid to low 12 second truck. it's my daily driver, hell if I wanna go real fast, I'll get on my bike. :D

mr. anderson said:
505, gravity fed!:D:D:D just kidding, gonna run the stock fuel pump for now, I just want 650 RWHP, no more, and hopefully, once it tuned no less if it is 600+ RWHP, I'm fine with that also. That should keep the block together until I forge the bottom end in a couple years.

I am honestly happy with a mid to low 12 second truck. it's my daily driver, hell if I wanna go real fast, I'll get on my bike. :D
yeah i miss my busas just sold a drag roller yesterday!!:( :( :(

505'sFastestViper. said:
probably not the last wreck scared me pretty bad 2 weeks in the hospital and the scars to prove it:(

why didnt you post that stuff on here? BTW only squids get road rash:D

mr,anderson. good work :congrats: stay outta the throttle and get and a/f guage while ur at it too

I'd be VERY careful using just the stock in tank pump with the bigger injectors. You could change the stock in tank to two or three (2 is all you'd need) Walboro pumps in the tank. I know Justin did this for 505's truck. Don't play around with a possible lean situation... asking for it to go boom.

already have a AEM wideband, I am monitoring the fuel pressure, the nexus gauges are good in the fact the whole gauge flashes red when it goes below a set pressure. I have mine set to warn me when it dips to 50 PSI.

I might end up going with a 255 intank fuel pump. does anyone know what the stock fuel pump is rated at? obviously it's below a 255.

Last edited:
You are going to be right at the edge of the stock pump's capability....you might consider installing an MSD voltage booster......my HP was mid 600s and my fuel pressure dropped into the upper 40s at about 4700 RPM...never gets below 55 with the booster...Roe has the MSD and has used it successfully for over 5 yrs..

I removed the Paxton fuel system quite awhile ago.My fuel pressure never drops below 60 p.s.i.(and always steady),Even when I'm topped out,going through the traps.:dontknow: I plan to upgrade the system when time allows,But for now,It will suffice.I recommend rechecking your pwr. and grds.,and do not use butt connectors,Solder all connections.Also,the p.c.m. controls the fuel pump,So make sure your connectors are pushed all the way into the p.c.m..Doe's it fluctuate at all r.p.m.s? Did it do this with the jumper pumps installed?,They should of only come on under boost!
By the way,I am running 62 lb. injectors.
I hope your concern is only a simple fix,And you do not have to remove the tank!!!:rock:

1qksrt, who did your tuning? did you also go with the sct, and the 2bar map sensor?

how about dyno numbers? or track times? just trying to get an idea to bounce as a reference for mine.

mr. anderson said:
1qksrt, who did your tuning? did you also go with the sct, and the 2bar map sensor?

how about dyno numbers? or track times? just trying to get an idea to bounce as a reference for mine.

The guy that did his tuning shall remain nameless because the thread will quickly turn into an Offensive Thread. I'm not sure on his dyno numbers, but I'm pretty sure that it was North of 650 rwhp. He pulled a 11.9x at 119 mph about a month ago with my as a witness on the stock Pirelli's. His truck is FAST:burnout: .

From all the talk on what the stock fuel pump can handle. I'm thinking about keeping the Paxton jumper pumps and FMU installed, the split second, and going with 48lbs injectors. I've talked to the guy that installed my SC and he told me that all I would need to do is rework the fuel and timing maps on the split second. No need to change the tune in the PCM. We'll see I still got a month or 2 before I can get the injectors.

mr. anderson said:

My last dyno numbers were 671 h.p./661 tq..I have since added Mopar long tubes and Nology wires.I will have my current tune cleaned up by Sean Roe in not too distant future.I am running the stock fuel pump,S.C.T and a 2bar map.My best time time to date is 11.905 at 120.66 on o.e.m. Pirelli's.

good to know, I have pretty much the same setup, novi 2000, 69lb/hr@58psi injectors, 2 bar map, 170 degree t-stat, Mopar LT's, mopar catless mids, mopar catback, Caltracs, and a tune by Torrie @unleashed. hopefully soon I can dyno it. I could already tell for what little I did have it running that it had more power. can't wait for a dyno run!!

mr. anderson said:
good to know, I have pretty much the same setup, novi 2000, 69lb/hr@58psi injectors, 2 bar map, 170 degree t-stat, Mopar LT's, mopar catless mids, mopar catback, Caltracs, and a tune by Torrie @unleashed. hopefully soon I can dyno it. I could already tell for what little I did have it running that it had more power. can't wait for a dyno run!!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back