PCM Question...

BDR SRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed on my PCM that there's another bar-coded sticker labeled across the original one... It reads 'Authorized Software Update' and has two bar codes with the following: Module P/N P05029467AE and Module S/N TEM11848L4J0
Also has a Sequence #: 440700

I'm curious as to what this could be or mean??? I'll post actual pics of this ASAP, but figured I'd ask now to see if anyone else has this on theirs?? Mine's an '04 RC bought used with 19,xxx miles on her...

Thanx!!!

all it means is that a pcm flash was done by the dealer. that is an authorization sticker for the updated p/n.

BDR SRT-10 said:
Ok cool... Wonder what all it updated and why??? This is not like a Stage II flash I would presume??

No....It is not something your dealer did...it came from the factory with that sticker...

Hmmmm, The Mopar Connection just said it was something the dealer had done???

Just curious is all, maybe I'm not understanding something fully here???

I will back up and say it is possible your dealer did something but we had this discussion on the LX forums and found that everyone's PCM had a similiar sticker...

TheMoparConnection said:
is it hand writing or printed?
No, nothing hand-written... All printed, looks OEM... Just a smaller label that's been placed over top the original label with these P/N's and verbage and such... I'll get a good pic of it in the AM and post...

God, I haven't the time for anything anymore :mad:
I will try and get a good pic of the label either 2mrrw or Sunday...

I'm itching to find out what this really means... :dontknow:

Stay tuned!

Here is a picture from a Charger..sticker was there when the car was delivered..same as most...

zzxxxxxxx.jpg

/\/\/\/\ Hmmm, interesting... Could this on mine be perhaps a 'mild' flash from the factory to work out a few bugs????

Ok I'm understanding that reason, I'm just wondering what they changed or reprogrammed from the factory?? I mean where they ready to ship out the truck, or car in your case, and at the last minute found out something wasn't totally within the parameters, or could it have been warranty/recall work that needed to be addressed after they shipped 'em??

Factory has TSBs all the time...the PCMs may have been produced months before being installed in a car..they will just update.......TCMs are the same...I know some SRT8 owners who purchased TCMs from their dealer and they had these update stickers due to a major TSB that came out late 2006..

I see... Sweet SRT-8 bro :top: There's one in town here that sounds insane when it passes by the office in the AM... And he's just cruising then!! I'd love to hear it WOT!!!! Maybe I'll run into him soon :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back