PCM Stage 2 ?'s

Iltemprd said:
OK...Lets try this. We are both in 3rd gear at a 50 MPH roll...we are both evenly lined up for the most part...we punch it together..we accelerate...he slowly pulls away from me. Now off the line I will take him but once we we hit 3rd he pulls by. We think the air intakes are the difference but are not sure. Believe me, we don't understand why its happening either. We have raced around together alot in these things to understand why this is happening. IZ will be on here soon, maybe he can give you his input. Its going to be the Black verses Red thing though.lol. Are you comparing a Quad cab with a flash and an RC without? Two different animals.:dontknow:

ok lets try this......slow91 and svt freak are the only 2 stock srt-10 reg. cabs that i know of that have ran a high 12.7 in the 1/4 mile. if there are more i dont know but they did it stock. i understand the volant thing it is cheap plastic and looks tacky and i hate it. i also feel i lose a little with it on my quad cab, the stock air box is going back on tomorrow with a k&n drop in.

i would just think that a stage 2 flash would be faster. could the volant make that much of a difference? i guess you will find out

had_to_have_it said:
ok lets try this......slow91 and svt freak are the only 2 stock srt-10 reg. cabs that i know of that have ran a high 12.7 in the 1/4 mile. if there are more i dont know but they did it stock. i understand the volant thing it is cheap plastic and looks tacky and i hate it. i also feel i lose a little with it on my quad cab, the stock air box is going back on tomorrow with a k&n drop in.

i would just think that a stage 2 flash would be faster. could the volant make that much of a difference? i guess you will find out
You nailed it man. We are thinking the same thing. I'm not sure you are aware of this but Silverback and I have done tests with the Volant and they were less than impressive as far as air flow intake. IZ may also have one of those trucks with a very good engine in it. I'm hoping to keep the torque the PCM gives me and regain the high end.

Bwaahahhaahahaaa!!!!!!

Well first of all, Black is faster than Red!!!:D

Now on this subject, I have also driven Shawns truck and like he said to me before, they are like night and day. Big difference in power bands. He does have that bottom end tourque and yes i do crawl away when i hit third. I know there is no driver error here since i've been in the passenger side while he flies though the gears. I just may have been lucky to have gotten a strong motor from factory or maybe its his leaf blower thats taking away power:D ............:p

I've only been to the track once in my life and i might say i did pretty decent. I was shooting for 12's but we only got to do 3 runs that day and on my first run i didnt know what the hell was going on so i got like a 7 sec reaction time:( . The other two were like 2.sumthin and had really bad wheel hop on first and second gears.

Oh well we shall see......muuaaaaahhhhhaahhhhh!!:rock:

SRT-IZ-4me said:
Bwaahahhaahahaaa!!!!!!

Well first of all, Black is faster than Red!!!:D

Now on this subject, I have also driven Shawns truck and like he said to me before, they are like night and day. Big difference in power bands. He does have that bottom end tourque and yes i do crawl away when i hit third. I know there is no driver error here since i've been in the passenger side while he flies though the gears. I just may have been lucky to have gotten a strong motor from factory or maybe its his leaf blower thats taking away power:D ............:p

I've only been to the track once in my life and i might say i did pretty decent. I was shooting for 12's but we only got to do 3 runs that day and on my first run i didnt know what the hell was going on so i got like a 7 sec reaction time:( . The other two were like 2.sumthin and had really bad wheel hop on first and second gears.

Oh well we shall see......muuaaaaahhhhhaahhhhh!!:rock:

the way i am learning to drive this rc truck, which was told to me by slow91, is leave your foot to the floor and grab gears at the rpm at which your tq and hp cross on your dyno chart. on my truck it is around 5400 to 5500 rpm. i am getting better at doing this with my foot left to the floor. i have missed the 3rd gear shift not by going back into 1st but by popping the clutch to soon and grinding it. i have been sideways in 2nd gear but havent had theballs to stay in it and hit 3rd while being sideways. now slow91 stays in it and hits 3rd and it will straighten out.

Stage 2

WHY DON'T THEY SHIP TO BELGIUM ?????

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back