pcms yet again

qcviper05

Reaction score
is it possible to stack the vec 3 on the x metal pcm or would one over ride the other

qcviper05 said:
cool, but how much of a gain if any will that produce

hey, i'm about to get a DC flash from MoparConnection.. i got an RC...
i don't think VEC takes the torque management off for the QC or does it?
from what everyone is telling me the aftermarket PCM/VEC combo is a waste..
i sure as hell want to find out.. i intend on getting some crap done to my truck
soon so i'll report back on all this :D :rock:

EDIT: where abouts in VA are you in?

Sharpi

Last edited:
hey nowwhat no reason in particular just wunderin never heard of n e 1 doin it. sharpi keep us posted id like 2 know how it works out

VEC does not turn off torque management.
It modifies the timing and fuel curves based on the programs you input via the smart card. It also can trigger auxilary things like meth injection.

Bone has been running his VECII and the flash for quite some time now without incident. When I was kicking around the choice, I boiled it down to...

First would I need the VEC? I wanted the SC, so I wanted to be able to make adjustment's here at the house if necessary with the VEC and laptop... it hs paid off already to have the ability to do so.. The flash would have to be sent out. Not to confuse you a PCM can be re-flashed for SC applications.

Cost vs hp gains associated with either taking the overall goal of the truck in mind. (I was not going nutso with a piggyback system, tuning ability, ect. if all I was going to do is a nice exhaust, CAI, and headers.:dontknow: A flash would have been fine, that's $400 - $500 that can be used elsewhere..

The VEC allows you to make adjustments, the flash does not allow you to tune (to my knowledge) without sending it out for adjustments. :dontknow:

The QC's seem to get more benefit from the flash, for the aforementioned tranny, torque mgmt, adjustments that the VEC can not change. I do know Bone is tuning his truck via the VEC, over the top of the flash.

Hope it help's:dontknow:

NBT said:
Bone has been running his VECII and the flash for quite some time now without incident. When I was kicking around the choice, I boiled it down to...

First would I need the VEC? I wanted the SC, so I wanted to be able to make adjustment's here at the house if necessary with the VEC and laptop... it hs paid off already to have the ability to do so.. The flash would have to be sent out. Not to confuse you a PCM can be re-flashed for SC applications.

Cost vs hp gains associated with either taking the overall goal of the truck in mind. (I was not going nutso with a piggyback system, tuning ability, ect. if all I was going to do is a nice exhaust, CAI, and headers.:dontknow: A flash would have been fine, that's $400 - $500 that can be used elsewhere..

The VEC allows you to make adjustments, the flash does not allow you to tune (to my knowledge) without sending it out for adjustments. :dontknow:

The QC's seem to get more benefit from the flash, for the aforementioned tranny, torque mgmt, adjustments that the VEC can not change. I do know Bone is tuning his truck via the VEC, over the top of the flash.

Hope it help's:dontknow:

Very good splaining there NBT!!!!

Flash is a simple 3 bolt install. Vec requires splicing into your injector cables. If your worried about dealer visits.....might want to stick with the flash. Vec has more tuning ability than the flash but the flash can turn off torque mgmt which the vec cannot. Otherwise they are very similar and perform similar tasks.

If your planning on FI in the future bypass the flash.

patrick

I reccomend choosing your end goal and working backwords.

I wanted the ROE SC. I called them and asked if I could stack the VEC and the PCM. They told me NO, not for my end goal. I would still need to reflash my PCM in the end to work with the tune they would send me. End result I got a PCM flash specific to the ROE SC. I also have the VEC.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back