Peeling steering wheel

SRT-MIKE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever coating is on my steering wheel is starting to peel off on some spots, anyone else with the same problem?

Looks like shit.

Yea Me too.

Mine is starting to peel Right at the top, And the bottom Left... Apparently right where i hold the wheel most of the time.

I just Duck-taped a bit of newspaper all around the wheel. Looks ok, Plus i dont need to hold the paper and drive anymore. I can easily see that the Colts are eating shit in the third Quarter without fear of Ramming into the back of a 1989 Metro Geo. Its the best of both words, HOW CAN LOSE

219822392_733150168_0-1.jpg

But seriously, Eventually, Enough of the Vinyl/Plastic/Lether wore off to the point were you could barley tell, My advice it try to speed up that process with some LIGHT sandpaper, or just give it some time. I would hate to see somebody put on a Crappy Wheel cover, Or a GAY Leather wrap kit.........

Last edited:
WASH YER DIRTY MITTS BEFORE GETTIN IN THE TRUCK!!!! :mad:

Mine's not showing any signs of damage, but I have had cars in the past do that shit . . :(

Django ( Tim) knows a place to send them to be redone:rock: Must be ok,he is realy picky you know:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :D :D

Call my friend Don at Dallas Steering Wheel.... (469)449-7973

He rewrapped my leather steering wheel of my 300ZX.... Awesome job...

Cost me a mere $179................. Nice guy, too.....

Tell Don that Tim in Oceanside, Ca. referred you......

Now go wash yer frickin' hands.....

I think his website is www.dallassteeringwheel.com

D

Last edited:
Common problem with Dodge steering wheels. Are the 04-05 wheels completely leather wrapped, or do they also have the "carbon fiber" section on the top portion like what's in the 06's?

Regardless, it will all go to shit and fall apart. In my experience, leather wrapped steering wheels tend to ooze some sort of black shit out of them when they start to wear out.

I've always prefered just a plain-jane steering wheel over these fancy leather wrapped ones. The acidic compounds on our hands (especially when they're holding onto the steering wheel in a 500hp vehicle) are destined to destroy the leather wrapping. It's just a matter of time.

Mine is going to Tim's guy as soon as I get the nerve to face the explosive package...snow expected this weekend...

That's what happens when driving with your hands in the 10 o'clock - 2 o'clock position. :dontknow: I drive with mine at 9:45 and 2:17.... OR I drive with my hand(s) gripping around the pillar holding the cruise controls.

Venom Power said:
That's what happens when driving with your hands in the 10 o'clock - 2 o'clock position. :dontknow: I drive with mine at 9:45 and 2:17.... OR I drive with my hand(s) gripping around the pillar holding the cruise controls.
I do the same thing,plus I have a steering wheel cover and I take it off once a month and clean the wheel with a leather cleaner and coniditoner.:rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back