Pictures Link

Should we have a link for pictures on the home page?

• Hell Yeah

Votes: 42 93.3%
  • No way

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutelly, a picture "GARAGE" would make things a lot simpler.

It would be great if it could be set up so the pictures don't vanish.:rock: :rock: :rock:

Good luck, sounds good but heck, I can' even get a the Exhaust Video thread stickied................ :( Not even a reply from anyone of the Mods or Admin. A little disappointed considering the fact without active members like myself this site would not exist and the fact I'm a donating member and all makes it a little worse. I've bumped it several times and asked several times to no avail. I'm for the garage idea but won't lose sleep over it if it doesn't eventuate. :)

2c

Hmm, well i would like to see this.. Maybe an extension of the member page in a sense?

Andrew

ShaneKennett said:
did the guys who set this site up sell their trucks and say lets just forget about?
The guys that set this site up, Are very active in pursuing what is working best for the masses, Not the needs of one individual. They pretty much give us free range, Unless of course in my case, Where i get out of control sometimes. They are both Viper, Or for that matter performance oriented. And IMHO you are out of line. If you are not happy with the way this place rocks, Move on.

You guys need to remember, photos take up space, especially when you have folks uploading gigantic photos, space costs money. If there were enough supporting members, I'm sure they could make it happen.

I run my own web site and have tons of photos and it does cost to have the space to do that.

ccfeyh said:
You guys need to remember, photos take up space, especially when you have folks uploading gigantic photos, space costs money. If there were enough supporting members, I'm sure they could make it happen.

I run my own web site and have tons of photos and it does cost to have the space to do that.

I completely agree.. Perhaps we could have it set up so all the photos
are hosted on something like photobucket or flickr and just have them
hotlinked here? kind of hard to explain but basically use the

tags..

Another idea short of adding bulk photos to the site (as it may slow us down too?) is to create your own site and or better yet for most, create your own Photobucket photo folder and link it in your signature space, pretty much the same deal. I created my own website, not because I love myself LMAO or want to become famous or anything like that :laugh: it's soul purpose and the reason I created it is for said topics, it's: an easily accessible point of reference. People ask about the cars, mods or specs, I tell them my website! :)

Ps: I want to point out that I agree with JRSVIPR in that the mods/Admin do a lot for us and the site and that I'm not "hating" but I stand by my comment of feeling shut out (not the first time) and would appreciate it if they could fulfil some of the members requests, more often than not. Having said that I'm not here to bitch but won't sit down and be quiet about issues either. ;) Great site with generally great users, it just needs a nudge from members to brush up on things every now and then. :D

Any and all photos I post here are hosted on my own site, I have also linked to photos on my webshots account. No sense in asking them to pay for extra space to support my photos.

Carlwalski said:
Ps: I want to point out that I agree with JRSVIPR in that the mods/Admin do a lot for us and the site and that I'm not "hating" but I stand by my comment of feeling shut out (not the first time) and would appreciate it if they could fulfil some of the members requests, more often than not. Having said that I'm not here to bitch but won't sit down and be quiet about issues either. ;) Great site with generally great users, it just needs a nudge from members to brush up on things every now and then. :D
I think you are going to have to give more detail here. This sounds to be a little bit more than a "STICKY" issue. Please explain. Especially the "not the first time", "shut out" and "more often than not"...???? All ears.....

ILtemprd said:
I think you are going to have to give more detail here. This sounds to be a little bit more than a "STICKY" issue. Please explain. Especially the "not the first time", "shut out" and "more often than not"...???? All ears.....
Hi, sure, no worries, it's in regards to this thread: http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34441&highlight=mufflers I have asked and requested the thread to be stickied 3 times then I gave up lol. In post #60 then again in post #64 9 days later and the final time 6 days later in post #69 accompanied by a bump after that I gave up. A thread like that IMO needs to be stickied, it pops up time and time again. It was viewed several times by 3 different mods and that was only when I happened to be browsing the who's online so it will be more than that. Even if a simple "no" (for what ever reason?) was given at least it's a response and to be fair, isn't much to ask. Having said that, I realise you guys are busy but, feedback is feedback and this is constructive. Not hear to bitch but make a site I contribute to post and money wise, more user friendly, for everyone. Noting more, nothing less. ;)

Carlwalski said:
Hi, sure, no worries, it's in regards to this thread: http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34441&highlight=mufflers I have asked and requested the thread to be stickied 3 times then I gave up lol. In post #60 then again in post #64 9 days later and the final time 6 days later in post #69 accompanied by a bump after that I gave up. A thread like that IMO needs to be stickied, it pops up time and time again. It was viewed several times by 3 different mods and that was only when I happened to be browsing the who's online so it will be more than that. Even if a simple "no" (for what ever reason?) was given at least it's a response and to be fair, isn't much to ask. Having said that, I realise you guys are busy but, feedback is feedback and this is constructive. Not hear to bitch but make a site I contribute to post and money wise, more user friendly, for everyone. Noting more, nothing less. ;)
Thread stuck...Is this your only complaint?

Yes, the only "complaint" worth mentioning, the other "issues" I have seen on this forum are none of my concern and I will let the powers to be address them as they see fit. Their show, their call.

Thanks for the sticky............

Carlwalski said:
Yes, the only "complaint" worth mentioning, the other "issues" I have seen on this forum are none of my concern and I will let the powers to be address them as they see fit. Their show, their call.

Thanks for the sticky............
...you bet

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back