pictures of iPod integration kit

Sharpimage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, i'm looking for some pictures of what the iPod menu looks like for a RB4
radio. Heard the menu is a little confusing but if the menu looks ok i'll go for it

Thanks,

Sharpi

37 views and not even a 'hell no' or 'your an idiot sharpi'.... i'm dissapointed...

Sharpi

I wish I hnew too

Menu? What menu? Get an RB1 or just use the Aux input and clickwheel. As far as I've tested it, you can only track up/down within the album you're currently in and control volume. Also, say goodbye to a properly functioning Uconnect when you're using the Ipod (CD or radio still works fine, but it won't pick up when using Ipod). Another guy here found a hookup under the passenger seat, but I haven't traced that down yet. Maybe it would work better. However, I'll be getting an RB1 to swap out soon since I've heard that works flawlessly...

I was told the RB1 ($500.00+/-)works great with the ipod kit($150.00) but you lose the Uconnect function. If you purchase an additional kit($150.00+/-) it should all work. Contact Dragon for parts.

I think i'm just gonna go with this..

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xkpQKjGtliG/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=700NAV617

x700NAV617.jpeg

KENKVT617DVD_2.jpg

KVT-617DVD.jpg

I mean.. I looked up prices of the RB1 and to be frank there about the same
as this headunit.. lowest price i found for this HU was around 675 with the
ipod harness.. I'm not sure how flush it would sit in our trucks
but i don't think it would look bad.. Your thoughts? suggestions?
also, if you want to point out another possible HU that i may be over looking..
i'm looking for features such as: Nav, iPod function... that's about it.

Thanks,

Sharpi

You're an idiot and I'm disappointed in you...:D

I can't help but didn't want to increase the numbers of views without an additional response...;) :p

Nice Head Unit you picked out by the way...!

To many moving parts in those things to last very long. Your chances of having it stolen over a stock deck have also increased. I purchased my RB1 and ipod kit off E-bay for a very decent price, you just have to shop around. I received my RB1 brand new and received a 1 year warranty with it. The other pain is having to work around the existing sound system as a rewire will be required to get your aftermarket unit to work.

Just saw the thread man. I bought an RB4 not knowing the Ipod kit dosent work with it. I messed with it for 4 hours, Its not worth trying to make it work.

The only was I could get it was by clicking through each song individually. In that case if you have 1500 songs on your Ipod you have to go 1-2-3 and it dosent display the artist or song. I tried everything to make it work.

BTW I have an RB4 for sale now. lol

Alright here's my plan.. Screw all the extra aftermarket flip screens, radios, etc...

First question, what does the back of an RB4 look like?

Second question, where can i find a store that would sell me an antenna
switch... for example what i plan on doing is taking a antenna wire from the
back of the radio to the center console(under seat) then having a plug
for my ipod where i can attach it to the female end and if i want to listen
to the radio then i just unplug my ipod and plug the antenna back in...

However, this won't happen if theres a audio input in the back of the radio...

Sharpi

Alright, alright. Here is a half-ass photo install process. I'm sure you'll have questions as to what extensions you'll need and what-not, but just search as I've posted that info before.:dontknow:
Ipod_1.jpg

Ipod_2.jpg

Ipod_3.jpg

Ipod_4.jpg

Ipod_5.jpg

Ipod_6.jpg

Ipod_7.jpg

Ipod_8.jpg

Ipod_9.jpg

Ipod_10.jpg

Ipod_11.jpg

Ipod_12.jpg

Ipod_13.jpg

Ipod_14.jpg

Ipod_15.jpg

Ipod_16.jpg

Ipod_17.jpg

Ipod_18.jpg

Damn, nothing special about the back of that radio is there? btw, nice use
of duct tape ;) :D

Thanks,

Sharpi

Yeah, I had to run 2 10-pin wiring extensions through the dash and used duct tape to splice the harnesses together and yank 'em through. That was the hardest part of the whole thing. I'd say buy the ipod kit now and then swap out for an RB1 once you get the chance. Some guy mentioned that there was already a 10-pin connector under the passenger seat that's there as a prewire for the Sat... I wish I knew that, but maybe I'll look into it anyway.

Good luck!

Oh, and if you can't tell from the pics, the ipod kit comes with 2 inputs: 1 for the Ipod itself (charges and streams audio) and 1 headphone jack for any audio input of your choice. If you have a playlist, the ipod controls work fine for track advance and volume, but if you like to hop around your library just use the aux input if your mp3 player is charged.

Do you have full function Splicing the iPod in that way? I want to be able to use it through my steering wheel controls.

Dominick572 said:
Do you have full function Splicing the iPod in that way? I want to be able to use it through my steering wheel controls.

No. You can only track advance in the current album you're in when you plug it in. Volume controls always work. If you want full album navigation ability you'll need to swap the RB4 for an RB1.

I just got a Rhapsody San Disk mp3 player. I'd like to get a kit for my '06 w/ Nav. Where can I get one of these kits?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back