Pikes Peak

05RamSRTkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a trip up Pikes Peak and to Garden of the Gods. Pikes peak is referred to as Americas Mt with a summit of 14,110 ft and inspired the song "America The Beautiful". Garden of the Gods is a park with natural rock formations that is a great place for a drive. I definitely recommend it along with all the other attractions in this area to anyone that visits. Id even be the tour guide :) anyway heres just a few pics

GARDEN OF THE GODS
DSCF2048.jpg

PIKES PEAK

DSCF2108.jpg

DSCF2102.jpg

DSCF2096.jpg

DSCF2095.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the pics!!!

If I ever make it out that way, I will take you up on the tour offer!! ;)

nycstev said:
I have been there sevreal times. Once by car and once by Bicycle. Really awsome.

I dont think I could handle a bike ride up that. then again there are people who do foot races up it..and thats just crazy.

Beautiful there. We did a bike trip there a few years ago. (Gardon of the Gods and Pikes Peak)

We stayed in Canyon City, and watched people bungly jump and ski dive off the Royal Gourge bridge. NOW that was cool!

canyon city is awesome. lots of good fishing in that area. Hoping to go there next month when family visits and take the train through the canyon

FATJACK said:
We got Rock City (See Rock City) in Chattanooga does that count???:D :D

Quite an amazing place. Garden of the Gods doesnt have a waterfall. there is one called seven falls in town though. Ill have to add that place to the list whenever I decide to go on a national distillery tour :):rock:

05RamSRTkid said:
Quite an amazing place. Garden of the Gods doesnt have a waterfall. there is one called seven falls in town though. Ill have to add that place to the list whenever I decide to go on a national distillery tour :):rock:
Good idea, we are about 80 miles from Jack Daniels distillery.:rock: :rock:

05RamSRTkid said:
I dont think I would survive living that close to the Jack Daniels Distillery. Id be there EVERY WEEKEND doing the tour :)
Believe it or not the distillery is in a DRY county. Can't even buy the stuff there!!

FATJACK said:
Believe it or not the distillery is in a DRY county. Can't even buy the stuff there!!

So Ive heard. Thats just not right. Ill remember to pack the Rental RV with plenty of booze so I can bring the party with me wherever I go..no driving of course once that happens :p

Pikes peak is awesome.!! Brought back alot of memories.Went out there in
"06" for national mx in Denver.Did they pave it all the way up? Heard they were going to.Was still dirt the last few miles when we went out there.Powersliding the rental around those blind corners was the chit!!
Garden of the gods is amazing.Thanks for sharing the pics!!

GILMO'S10 said:
Pikes peak is awesome.!! Brought back alot of memories.Went out there in
"06" for national mx in Denver.Did they pave it all the way up? Heard they were going to.Was still dirt the last few miles when we went out there.Powersliding the rental around those blind corners was the chit!!
Garden of the gods is amazing.Thanks for sharing the pics!!

They havent paved it just yet its still in sections. It is fun sliding around those corners though.:rock:

05RamSRTkid said:
Took a trip up Pikes Peak and to Garden of the Gods. Pikes peak is referred to as Americas Mt with a summit of 14,110 ft and inspired the song "America The Beautiful". Garden of the Gods is a park with natural rock formations that is a great place for a drive. I definitely recommend it along with all the other attractions in this area to anyone that visits. Id even be the tour guide :) anyway heres just a few pics

GARDEN OF THE GODS
DSCF2048.jpg

PIKES PEAK

DSCF2108.jpg

DSCF2102.jpg

DSCF2096.jpg

DSCF2095.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg
Been there, done that.I highly recommend it too. Colorado is a Very Beautiful State. If I ever move away from California Colorado is where I would move to.
Lots of Steam Trains and Old Mines Too.

500H V10 said:
Been there, done that.I highly recommend it too. Colorado is a Very Beautiful State. If I ever move away from California Colorado is where I would move to.
Lots of Steam Trains and Old Mines Too.

Im really into American History and this side of the country is untouched in so many places so that you can enjoy the land as it was before it was colonized and see what life was like.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back