PINEWOOD DERBY RESULTS PACK 400

Bone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sons got 2nd and 3rd overall.

Both of them beat the number one guy, only to have him come back and beat them. (traction problem with the Nittos)
pp1.JPG

pp2.JPG

Last edited:
I used to do Pinewood back in the day, my dad helped build a 4 car track for one of the North GA packs.

I had gotten a 1st place best design once, and a top 5 race finish at some point.

Congrats on the fun times.

EMT/SRT said:
Congrats! Startin em out young! LOL at # 69!
That's a winning number in any race!

Here are some more pics of the Pack cars.
pp5.JPGpp6.JPGpp7.JPG

The Shark was for my 3 year old in the Open/Family division. After all of the Cub Scouts race, that parents and non-cub scouts can enter a car (or shark). This serves two purposes, to get everyone involved in the races and to the keep the Dads' cheating down to a minimum on boys' cars.
bard.JPG
It didn't win the open division, but got the best design in the class.

Last edited:
I remember those days as a kid... I still have my Pinewood Derby cars.. ondisplay at my house... lets see.. Im 34 now... one is 26 years old now because I have it dated as Jan 1982!! I know I was in Cub Scouts when I built and raced them... I lost my trophys somewhere in my moving around...

DSCF0750.jpg

DSCF0751.jpg

The trick is in the front wheels. Bend one of the front wheels up slightly so it does not touch not touch the track. A 3 wheeler has less friction.

HV SRT said:
The trick is in the front wheels. Bend one of the front wheels up slightly so it does not touch not touch the track. A 3 wheeler has less friction.
Against BSA rules now....all 4 wheels have to touch.

The Shark is my favorite too. Hoosiers should give much better traction than the Nittos.:burnout:

azpyroguy said:
I remember those days as a kid... I still have my Pinewood Derby cars.. ondisplay at my house... lets see.. Im 34 now... one is 26 years old now because I have it dated as Jan 1982!! I know I was in Cub Scouts when I built and raced them... I lost my trophys somewhere in my moving around...
I wish I had mine saved.

Here we go again.
r1.JPG

r2.JPG

r3.JPG

r4.JPG

My older son took 2nd overall in the Pack. Off to District's next month.

.............hats off to you, a good dad is hard to find....your son's are lucky and you should be proud. You will be rewarded someday.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back