PIR on 7-18-08....

Wish I could have joined you guys. I was looking forward to meeting Luis too... 12.9 is a great time considering your 60'... Nice work!

That's the video, no I don't lift on the throttle, just a tap on the clutch and shift all in one motion...it takes practice, I've been shifting since the 60's ( I'll be 62 in August). Anyway , how long are you wainting between runs? When you click on the video link, look up at the top and click "Racing 2006" and watch the video where I kill a Ford Lightning. The run against the Ford I actually had 17 lbs in the drag radials and did a dry burnout as I did not have a line loc at the time.

Last edited:
moparracing said:
on my best run, it was 1.953........:eek:

Track had to be bad. I pulled a 1.79x on my stock pirellis 17.5 psi and stock clutch on a 38 degree night. Dont give up on that, try a new track.

Trainman said:
That's the video, no I don't lift on the throttle, just a tap on the clutch and shift all in one motion...it takes practice, I've been shifting since the 60's ( I'll be 62 in August). Anyway , how long are you wainting between runs? When you click on the video link, look up at the top and click "Racing 2006" and watch the video where I kill a Ford Lightning. The run against the Ford I actually had 17 lbs in the drag radials and did a dry burnout as I did not have a line loc at the time.
i see your point about cool down & no i didn't allow enough time between runs for that (i did 11 runs before i knew it)...... i'm definitely going to shorten up my shifter & try power shifting as you describe.... thanks a ton for your input !!! :rock:

Hey Moparracing...one thing you might want to be aware of, the stock master and slave cyl. on the stock clutch are less than desirable when putting 500+ ft. lbs of torque through them and trying a power shift. I had to upgrade to the Viper slave and Master, and I upgraded to a Centerforce clutch at the same time. The stock system use to cause a hangup between 2nd and 3rd.

Trainman said:
Hey Moparracing...one thing you might want to be aware of, the stock master and slave cyl. on the stock clutch are less than desirable when putting 500+ ft. lbs of torque through them and trying a power shift. I had to upgrade to the Viper slave and Master, and I upgraded to a Centerforce clutch at the same time. The stock system use to cause a hangup between 2nd and 3rd.
one of the first mods i did..... part of my shifting was me & the fact i have a longer shifter handle than you....... i'm going to try & lower it some & practice your power shifting advice to see if i can improve..... thanks again !! :rock:

JeffBoyette said:
Track had to be bad. I pulled a 1.79x on my stock pirellis 17.5 psi and stock clutch on a 38 degree night. Dont give up on that, try a new track.

1.79 on stock Pirellis????????

PIR late night Drags

The air at Portland is good but on these events they do not put down VHT so traction for higher horsepower cars can be marginal sometimes, Woodburn does prep there track better the only difference there is running mid day the temp will usually be higher so cooling down between runs will help.

My first time running QC down the track was 14:23 97.79 mph with a 2.1 60 ft , on second pass 60 ft was better with 1.9.
With stock tires and just a drop K&N filter no mods.

The motor cycles running a braket race and make everybody weight was not that much fun (but gives the engine time to cool down).

Nice seeing you and Luis again.

DOUGfir said:
The air at Portland is good but on these events they do not put down VHT so traction for higher horsepower cars can be marginal sometimes, Woodburn does prep there track better the only difference there is running mid day the temp will usually be higher so cooling down between runs will help.

My first time running QC down the track was 14:23 97.79 mph with a 2.1 60 ft , on second pass 60 ft was better with 1.9.
With stock tires and just a drop K&N filter no mods.

The motor cycles running a braket race and make everybody weight was not that much fun (but gives the engine time to cool down).

Nice seeing you and Luis again.
you too doug !

go AROUND the waterbox and back up the rear tires into it. Your front tires pick up a lot of water. Going through it also puts water on the track for other cars. After you back up into the water box, pull up out of it, then do a burtnout. I usualy do it around 2 seconds like someone mentioned. I kinda do it by feel and practice. You dont need to do a John Force burnout. I too run at 17psi but we have different trucks. I really would recommend slicks for the track for that RAM. Hopefully you have some traction bars too to aid with the DR's. Get that 60' down and you can see mid 12's.

I'm to the point where i got my 60's down to a constant. It's cool but at the same time it sucks. I gotta get a higher stall(and pray the DR's hook) and suspension work to get it lower than a 1.8x :(

Last edited:
FATJACK said:
1.79 on stock Pirellis????????

yea i consider myslef a pretty good driver and the best i have gotten is a 1.98 60 ft out of the pirellis...... i smell something:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back