Pirellis

Goose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a little note. I just returned from Discount Tire for a tire vibration and I had two tires that were splitting. They only had 15K miles on them and have been rotated and serviced as prescribed. Just wanted to warn others with the abilities of our trucks would be bad to have tire come apart at speed. Also this was not caused by hitting something in the road but due to the tires deteriating.

15K, count yourself as lucky!

Mine did this to me after hitting a pothole at 75MPH. I went with the Toyo Proxes and I like em so far.

yeah i had 3 of my 4 perreli's blow out before i hit 10k miles no bumps or anything 1 got a big bubble in the tred the other 2 the side walls blew out and pereli wouldnt warantee at all so wont ever buy another one.

I got 13,000 and had no problems, just put a fresh set on...

Ok maybe I should restate this. Looking at the tires while on the truck they looked pretty good! BUT when they removed them and I started looking at them they were badly weather checked in the middle of the tread and there were Two seperations about 1/2 inch long in the middle grooves of the tires. Other wise they looked fine and as some said I only went in to have them balanced due to vibration issues.

Whats everyone paying for tires? I got prices today: Mounted & balanced:

Factory tires:........210 per tire
General Grabbers:...160 " "
Toyo Proxes s/t:....165 " "
Yokahamas:..........175 " "
Kuhmos................170 " "

All for 305/40/22's

FastSRT19 said:
Whats everyone paying for tires? I got prices today: Mounted & balanced:

Factory tires:........210 per tire
General Grabbers:...160 " "
Toyo Proxes s/t:....165 " "
Yokahamas:..........175 " "
Kuhmos................170 " "

All for 305/40/22's

with the generals, there should be a $40 mail in, so that makes em $150 per tire.....thats what mine were...but thats only if you like wearing a dress...and let me tell ya, Mike Brady really goes all out when he buys you a dress to wear!!!

After reading some of the reviews here, I guess i should jump on the Toyos or Generals...Under 700 bucks out the door.:rock: AND the owner of the shop will let me in the back to watch over my truck to make sure nobody crawls all over it:D

He mentioned nothing about a dress in the deal:dontknow:

My next set is going to be Nitto NT420S. They are reasonably priced compared to the Pirelli's and have pretty decent consumer ratings.

-Muzzy

189 Each for the pirellis. 756$ total, had them mounted WITH NO WEIGHTS! for 50$. No vibrations.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back