pistons wanted !!!

zio

Reaction score
Hello! where can i find ten stock pistons for my ram srt 10 of '04 ?( with a good price and good quality !!) i 've already see my post " motor problem" and they don't answer to my mails ...have you an other address ?THX

zio said:
Hello! where can i find ten stock pistons for my ram srt 10 of '04 ?( with a good price and good quality !!) i 've already see my post " motor problem" and they don't answer to my mails ...have you an other address ?THX

Check with some of the Vendor/Engine builders like Roe or Marty, they probably have a bunch laying around, but if you are going to change pistons why not just go ahead and get some decent forged pistons and be done with it.

No kidding. The hard part is over, spend the extra and Forge that puppy!!!

ok ok ok ....

what's the difference between stock and forged pistons ?sorry excuse my ignorance I would not remake it more !lol!

Everything, but for the most part they have a thicker ridge in case of detonation and they are lighter. Roy has a good thread on what his pistons looked like before he rebuilt his engine.

I would also suggest forged, for the piece of mind if you ever decide to go with a mild supercharger or ROE.

Wil

Here is PROF's thread:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24431&highlight=forged

zio said:
what's the difference between stock and forged pistons ?sorry excuse my ignorance I would not remake it more !lol!

Zio, go back to your other thread about a Problem Motor and re-read post #8 by our member PROF/ROY.

i'v got 7 good Pistons that came out of my motor... i think they are like 180 a piece threw the dealership.. i'v also got new rings for all of them to PM me if you are wanting to go back stock for cheap

Not trying to knock someone out of a sale but you are making a big mistake to use stock pistons...get forged..Roe did sell Diamond brand forged pistons for something like $1,600 a set...Roe, Stinker or Justin at JMB should be able to set you up..

i'v already PM'd him and told him to go forged but if he just wants to go stock then i have the pistons..... it not a matter of your trucfk might break it's when these trucks just don't do good on the stock pistons.. i just got done with my forged build for 8100 bucks so it just depends on how much you want to spend.... and going back stock was more money in the long run than forged

Any time you drop the pan, you must change to forged pistons...any other approach for a vehicle you plan to keep is just throwing good money after bad.

Prof said:
Any time you drop the pan, you must change to forged pistons...any other approach for a vehicle you plan to keep is just throwing good money after bad.
Very well put.

:D
zio said:

This guy makes Annu look brilliant:p :D

Jk...but yeah get in touch with belgium barry

Prof said:

:dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito:

Prof said:
As always Roy words to the wise.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back