plasti dip rims

Devil Inside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got done doing my rims which wasnt really that hard. wanted to see if i would like them being black before i powder coat them since its so cheap to do. not bad if i do say so myself

rims.jpg

Looks great :D

I used 4 cans of it. 2 coats per rim. It sticks on very well and seems to hold on. I figured it was worth the 20 bucks to see if I liked how they would look if I got it Powder coated. I didn't want to ruin the rims if I didn't like it.

You shouldb use glossifier from plastidip to give that shiny look.. if I plastidip mine ima use glossifier to give it a shiny look. I don't like it flat

I like how both finishes look. The only problem I found using PLasti dip is that it bubbles in spots which I think the only way of fixing that would be using a gloss spray paint to go over it and then doing a few coats of clear over it. I just wasn't going to do all that if I'm going to powder coat it.

Some from here gave me some good advice before I
powder coated my wheels..

Get Em gloss black cause there flat black when there dirty
you get the best of both worlds..

Yeah I think once I get them powder coated I will get a gloss finish. Makes it look more compete from the factory look.

Nice job ! Id like to redo mine. I painted mine and now they chip when I switch to my drag wheels.

I think that PLasti dip is hard to chip but I'm not really sure. Btw I think us Arizona guys need to set up a cruise up to sedona

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe when it cools down a bit. I was gonna plan going up there some time in october. This weekend weather permitting, I will be at the Pavillions car show in Scotsdale if any of the AZ people are up to it mabe we can get a small gtg going.:dontknow:

I went this weekend. Lota people walking around. I was the only SRT there.

I did mine last October, and they still look good...

And then I added black lug nuts

VPRRAM

Attachments

• imag0375.jpg
    imag0375.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8,986
  • imag0636.jpg
    imag0636.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 6,185
How is it cleaning the wheels with plasti dip?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back